Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,337

3 members and 3,334 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Clay pot hide, snake cave, paint

Hello. This is my first post here and I would be so happy if I could get some thoughts and suggestions from you guys regarding the following.
    I Finally bought my 7month old BP Hades a month ago. Been reading here if I could find this subject somewhere but had no luck. If it's here, please redirect me to a topic.
    Hades is lifting his 2 plastic hides and goes all Conan on it all over the place. Even started sitting on it. As I have just him for now, I would try something safe, nicer looking and heavy. Ordered a snake cave from exoterra with a bottom and a lid, hope it helps with his bad shedding incl. a dump moss inside. I noticed that some people use those ordinary orange clay pots for snakes hides and just wondering is that safe for a BP and could I use it on the cold side, get it wet under a pipe from time to time, so he can use it as a humid area or use it on the hot side as it gets all warm sitting on the heat cable 25 W. Also, that natural dark orange colour drives me nuts and I have already painted it blackish just from the outside and drilled a enter hole, removed sharp edges with sandpaper ect. I love dye n making things. The green rabbit ears on top is something I just found, haha for fun, easy lifting and to cover a factory made existing hole Sending pics of the clay hide and the acrylic paint I used, snake cave and conan snake. Sorry for the long post but im struggling to put that clay thingy inside his terrarium before checking first. I love him so much, don't want to make a mistake to harm him so.... is that safe for him to be in??
    All suggestions on paint, hides, hot cold side and shed are welcome!
    Sorry if bad english grammar, not my native language but I tried

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Don't worry about your English. You are doing better than some of the natives on here. I do not think there is anything about the clay pot or the paint you used that will hurt the snake. I may have concerns about the green thing on top snapping off and leaving sharp edges. If there is anything in an enclosure a ball python can find to cut themselves on they will find a way to do just that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Pitonica (03-09-2017)

Thanks

Re: Clay pot hide, snake cave, paint

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Don't worry about your English. You are doing better than some of the natives on here. I do not think there is anything about the clay pot or the paint you used that will hurt the snake. I may have concerns about the green thing on top snapping off and leaving sharp edges. If there is anything in an enclosure a ball python can find to cut themselves on they will find a way to do just that.
    Such a long post and I forgot to mention that a green thingy is a silicone cable holder, so its soft n safe hopefully.
    Thanks Jodan

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk