Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,326

1 members and 3,325 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: How Long To Let New Arrivals Settle In Before Handling?/Tips For Taming?

I picked up a clearance dog dish for $2, big enough for him to soak completely, that has the sloped edges so it cant be tipped. It also has a single half circle opening which lets him into the hollow area and he's started using it as his hide. Its actually the perfect little bowl/hide for now, until he grows out of it. Its just too bad its super ugly, its got like bright colorful tennis ball print all over it (no wonder it was on clearance)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (05-06-2017)

Thanks
    The sloped plastic dog dishes like that are great for snakes. I get them at one of the monthly reptile expos here for like $1.00 each. I use them for my adult Balls and my Boa and they don't even spill them. Once my Bloods and Short Tails outgrow their glass bowls i'm going to get some extra large ones for them. Then once they outgrow those, i'm not quite sure... lol Strangely, i've never even seen my Matrix soaking. I found her shed in her water dish, though. So, she must get in there sometimes. My Sumatrans, on the other hand, are constantly soaking in their water dishes. I would think they would get too cold, because when I pull them out of their water dishes to hold them they're freezing...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234