Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,426

2 members and 2,424 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,572
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici

Thread: feeding

Thanks

Question feeding

I herd that you should not hold your BP until 24 hours after he eats. Well I take him out of the cage and put him in another box. He eats the food but how am i soposed to get him back in the cage with out holding him? I don't want him to regurgitate his food.

Jacob

Thanks

Re: feeding

I do not handle my snakes until 48 hours after they have fed, but I feed both in their enclosure. If you take your snake out of his enclosure to feed then you have to gently put him back into it about 10-20 minutes after it's gone down. Remember that he needs the heat to digest his food, so if you keep him in an unheated enclosure for feeding you may begin to encounter some problems.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Just a thaught here from a very newby who does not know anything! (Stress on anything)

Try using a box or whatever you use to feed in, that is small enough that you can put the whole thing back in you enclosure. That way, he can either hang out, or move to where he is more comfortable. Either way, he has his heat sorce there, and you are not handeling, he is moving at his own free will.

Just a thaught from the Cheep Cheep Cheep seats from someone who has no idea really, but it made sence.

Cheers and good luck
    Ray

Thanks

Talking Re: feeding

Quote Originally Posted by slither9192
    I herd that you should not hold your BP until 24 hours after he eats. Well I take him out of the cage and put him in another box. He eats the food but how am i soposed to get him back in the cage with out holding him? I don't want him to regurgitate his food.

Jacob
    If you carefully support his body aruond the lump, and give him 15-20 minutes (enough time to for the lump to reach maybe 1/3 of the way down his body and he's moving around and stuff) and then put him back immediately, you should be ok.

I feed all my snakes in their homes these days, but I started out feeding my first ball in a seperate container. He feeds much better in his home.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schlyne
    I feed all my snakes in their homes these days, but I started out feeding my first ball in a seperate container. He feeds much better in his home.
    the same goes for me Schlyne....I get a much better feeding responce since I dont feed in a seperate container like I did when I got my first bp. I like not having to worry about causing a regurg.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

We feed in their own enclosures so we don't have to move them and have no problems so far with them striking at us at any other time. They are both handled daily or I'm in their cleaning so they don't equate tub opening with it always being feeding time anyways.

Our new snake was always fed in another container but we figured we'd try in the enclosure and Punkin ate fine (didn't seem to care where it was as long as those yummy mices were on the dinner menu LOL).

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~