Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,337

1 members and 3,336 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: My poor baby...

Thanks

Re: My poor baby...

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    As regards feeding thawed mice / rats I've no idea what you've been doing but there are so many ways to get them feeding , don't just resort to live feeding without trying a few different ways . There's no really way back once they're programmed for live ..

I wasn't going to bombard you with any more info until you've sorted his shed out BUT :-

This method WORKS if done properly ...
    I wait until evening as they're nocturnal of course . I let the rodent thaw out in the reptile room so they get the smell ..
    Then I warm up the mouse / rat with a hairdryer and offer with tongs IMMEDIATELY whilst still warm . If refused simply repeat the heating and offering as many times as needed. .
    A couple of mine will only strike feed from within their hides so I dangle the warm rodent in front of the hide's entrance - usually works but if it fails simply reheat the rodent with a hairdryer and immediately offer again whilst it's still warm , continue until it's grabbed ...
    I always wait until evenings to feed as they're nocturnal of course .

Incidentally , if it shows no interest at all not even a tongue flicker maybe it's best to leave for a week or so.

Ta da ... My pair of HC Albino Royals , synchronised feeding on thawed .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    WOW!!! That looks awesome. They are beautiful by the way. How old are they?? I can't wait for my little guy to look like that that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ckrumn View Post
    WOW!!! That looks awesome. They are beautiful by the way. How old are they?? I can't wait for my little guy to look like that that.

I'd guess they're only a couple of years old there , I've got so many photos I lose track of things ....

Thanks

I'd guess they're only a couple of years old there , I've got so many photos I lose track of things ....

Can you handle them pretty easily at that size?? Do they on the defensive?? My little guy rarely goes on the defensive and has never lunged/struck out at us as of yet. Pretty surprising considering I've done just about everything wrong with him in the almost two weeks we've had him. Lol.

Thanks

Are they a breeding pair or just family members?? They look amazing.

Thanks

My poor baby...

Well they're an unrelated pair of HC Albino Royals , I don't breed or have any intention to breed any snakes . I just collect

So they're just pets - if you can call snakes pets !?! ( that's another conversation )

Holy moly - I'm gonna get into so much trouble after jumping into this thread - first I approved the other suggestions to soak , then I added MY disapproval of LIVE feeding and now I'm calling my snakes PETS .

(I should take this opportunity to confirm that the above thoughts are just MY opinion ! )
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-02-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks

My poor baby...

Can you handle them pretty easily at that size?? Do they on the defensive?? My little guy rarely goes on the defensive and has never lunged/struck out at us as of yet. Pretty surprising considering I've done just about everything wrong with him in the almost two weeks we've had him. Lol.

Na , none of my Royals have ever shown any hint of aggression or defensiveness , that's the beauty of them tbh .

I have heard of just a few bat crazy ones over the years though and the odd hatchling can be nippy apparently , never come across it myself thankfully .

Last edited by Zincubus; 03-02-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Zincubus;2511578]

Well they're an unrelated pair of HC Albino Royals , I don't breed or have any intention to breed any snakes . I just collect

So they're just pets - if you can call snakes pets !?! ( that's another conversation )

Holy moly - I'm gonna get into so much trouble after jumping into this thread - first I approved the other suggestions to soak , then I showed MY disapproval of LIVE feeding and now I'm calling my snakes PETS .

(I should take this opportunity to confirm that the above thoughts are just MY opinion ! )
    Lmao. I'm sure they understand. I'm curious about breeding. Not for me, but I think it would be neat to watch the progress from being to end. It's one thing to see video on nature shows or YouTube. It's a whole new experience seeing it in person. I can see getting myself into trouble with my curiosity's. I think that's the ADD kicking in. That when compared with OCD is great. J/k...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

[QUOTE=Ckrumn;2511583]

Lmao. I'm sure they understand. I'm curious about breeding. Not for me, but I think it would be neat to watch the progress from being to end. It's one thing to see video on nature shows or YouTube. It's a whole new experience seeing it in person. I can see getting myself into trouble with my curiosity's. I think that's the ADD kicking in. That when compared with OCD is great. J/k...

The breeding process is quite amazing. I've had two clutches and both times it was magical. There is nothing like seeing little snake heads pop out of eggs!
    ~Steffe

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (03-02-2017)

Thanks

My poor baby...

[QUOTE=Ckrumn;2511583]
    I think that's the ADD kicking in. That when compared with OCD is great. J/k...

What a pair we make ---- I'm Aspergers / dyslexic

Last edited by Zincubus; 03-02-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Kaorte;2511586]

The breeding process is quite amazing. I've had two clutches and both times it was magical. There is nothing like seeing little snake heads pop out of eggs!
    Do you have any pictures you can share?? Does the female incubate the eggs or do you have to remove them from her and place them in a warmer??

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast