Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,199

0 members and 3,199 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Re: Intermediate snake suggestions please

Quote Originally Posted by JNeedham View Post
    All very great suggestions. Thank you so much. I have always wanted a tree/emerald Python but their viper like disposition scares me a little. They are gorgeous, for sure!

Just so many to choose from. This decision is a lot harder than I expected.
    Green tree python or emerald tree boa! Also, not at all "viper-like". Most of the ETB's bad rep is because most are wild caught animals. Captive bred ETB are more or less just like captive bred GTP in temperament.

It's true that they're more display animals and usually don't tolerate handling like how BCI or ball pythons do, but CBB animals can still be handled safely (during the day), just tend to be more nervous.

If you're interested, totally start some research and see if you like them! This site has all the info you need to read up on GTP's to start out. http://moreliaviridis.yuku.com/forum...dry-The-Basics
    Last edited by redshepherd; 03-08-2017 at 01:10 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

distaff (03-08-2017),Sallos (03-08-2017)

Thanks

Intermediate snake suggestions please

It is a hard decision to make! I'm another in the rainbow boa camp, but there are so many good suggestions here already. I guess I lucked out with my BRB. He's very laid back and lets me handle him easily. I have corns and ball pythons, and I agree that their scales have a very unique texture. I noted only one mention of garters, and some like the San Francisco are just gorgeous. It would be interesting to have a fish eater lol. I prefer the 5 foot size range for snakes though.
    Last edited by anthroterra; 03-12-2017 at 12:20 PM.
    Leilani- corn snake (butter tesserra)
    Keahi- corn snake (sunglow motley)
    Pololena- ball python (banana)
    Ichtaka- ball python (mystic potion)
    Wonambi- Brazilian rainbow boa (normal)

Thanks

Re: Intermediate snake suggestions please

Quote Originally Posted by anthroterra View Post
    It is a hard decision to make! I'm another in the rainbow boa camp, but there are so many good suggestions here already. I guess I lucked out with my BRB. He's very laid back and lets me handle him easily. I have corns and ball pythons, and I agree that their scales have a very unique texture. I noted only one mention of garters, and some like the San Francisco are just gorgeous. It would be interesting to have a fish eater lol. I prefer the 5 foot size range for snakes though.
    Your boa is gorgeous! And yes, garters are very interesting pets, especially with their diet, but unfortunately they don't live very long and are a small species. (Part of the reason I got my BP)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234