Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,031

2 members and 3,029 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,132
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Either of you guys notice if your retics seems to prefer lower humidity? I've been noticing with Caesar and Rosey that even with the T10s or the T25s, if i close the doors, they arent very happy. When i open a side and leave it open, they will curl up on that side or just sit there with their heads hanging out for hours. Their humidity in the cage drops to around 56%. Then when i spray the cage down and close the door again, they get upset and search for an opening. It might be it's summer and around 85F in the room so I'm not sure if its that but i wouldnt think so as i close the door they arent happy within 10 mins. I know the cage isnt heating up so the only thing i can think of is Caesar and Rosey dont like high humidity. No one else seems to have a problem with it.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: Gene finally has a thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Either of you guys notice if your retics seems to prefer lower humidity? I've been noticing with Caesar and Rosey that even with the T10s or the T25s, if i close the doors, they arent very happy. When i open a side and leave it open, they will curl up on that side or just sit there with their heads hanging out for hours. Their humidity in the cage drops to around 56%. Then when i spray the cage down and close the door again, they get upset and search for an opening. It might be it's summer and around 85F in the room so I'm not sure if its that but i wouldnt think so as i close the door they arent happy within 10 mins. I know the cage isnt heating up so the only thing i can think of is Caesar and Rosey dont like high humidity. No one else seems to have a problem with it.
    Can't say that I've noticed that with Phyllis or Gerald. Phyllis has been oddly calm in her temporary cage/Gerald's cage while I'm getting the regular enclosures set back up after the move. I'm partially attributing her quiet demeanor to the stress of being in a bag for 12ish hours in the cab of a Penske truck on Monday. No pushing, no flying at the door of the cage... hoping she's just as calm in her t25 if/when i ever get the dang thing. That would be a real bummer if she just turned out to be happier in a smaller enclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,579 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Wallace likes it humid but cooler than one would think.
    I'll see how the new cage treats him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Can't say that I've noticed that with Phyllis or Gerald. Phyllis has been oddly calm in her temporary cage/Gerald's cage while I'm getting the regular enclosures set back up after the move. I'm partially attributing her quiet demeanor to the stress of being in a bag for 12ish hours in the cab of a Penske truck on Monday. No pushing, no flying at the door of the cage... hoping she's just as calm in her t25 if/when i ever get the dang thing. That would be a real bummer if she just turned out to be happier in a smaller enclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang you still havent gotten your T25?

Yeah it might have been because Caesar was hungry and not the humidity lol. It's sitting around 70ish now and Caesar has been quiet since the guinea pig.

He was sitting on his hot spot and i grabbed him to check his face to make sure it looks ok. It looked like it was healing good but he wasnt too happy about being stared at face to face lol. After i was done, instead of him being the social Caesar and coming forward to sit on the litter dam while i pet him, he went over to the cool side and slithered into his hide and poked his head out, looked at me and then went inside lol.

I'm sure Phyllis will like the new house. Caesar seems to have a lot more room to cruise around in it even though he's still longer than the cage lol.

Rosey and Vicky love the 6' caging. Vicky is only about 5.5' so she loves to stretch out at night and Rosey is actually smaller than i thought. She must just be a little over 6' as she can come really close to stretching out in the 6' cage too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Wallace likes it humid but cooler than one would think.
    I'll see how the new cage treats him.
    Caesar seems to like it a little warmer. The boas though, they pretty much like an 86-87F hot spot with 78-80F ambient. 90F to them is like lava lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,579 Times in 2,989 Posts

Caesar seems to like it a little warmer. The boas though, they pretty much like an 86-87F hot spot with 78-80F ambient. 90F to them is like lava lol.
    Wallace is awesome these days.
    He's hungry but pleasant.

I took him out in the hot humid air here and put him in the grass. He peed and pooped!!

The boy wanted to get back to me rather than crawl in the grass.

Favorite title coming his way LOL!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    Stearns, I want to say that Gene is an amazing snake, I went thru all 28 pages just to see his pictures. Also you're a good photographer.
    Please please, keep posting pictures of Gene. Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyNY For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (08-03-2017)

Thanks

I tried the other day to see how they would react. When I really raised the humidity high Tina was out of her hides (2am) and cruises around. Gene in the other hand looked miserable. He just chilled in his branch / hide and was all sulky. I think he likes his loser than not.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

Thanks

So I ordered reptichip. The smell of the no float sucks and I found a bug the other day. Is one brick enough for both enclosures?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RickyNY View Post
    Stearns, I want to say that Gene is an amazing snake, I went thru all 28 pages just to see his pictures. Also you're a good photographer.
    Please please, keep posting pictures of Gene. Thanks
    Gene says "Thanks".

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stearns84 For This Useful Post:

Gio (08-03-2017),jmcrook (08-03-2017),Reinz (08-03-2017),RickyNY (08-04-2017)

Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast