Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,319

3 members and 3,316 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

The time has come ...

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieAndClyde View Post
    Ah man that sounds like an ideal day to me haha I managed to convince hubby last night we should get another one lol going to wait until clyde been settled and feeding well for about 6 months and look at getting another, and then probably another... And another... Haha

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    I've actually got it off to a fine art and usually takes around 30 minutes or so. Most are simple drop feeders where you just place the food down on a piece of card or something , a few are drop and occasionally strike ... Interestingly , the two Albino Royals are BOTH strike only feeders .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-01-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks

Re: The time has come ...

So thought I'd post a little mini update, happy Sundays lol clyde been such a happy chappy since his good shed and big rat, every night when I go to turn his light out he peeks out and ventures off to his cool side under the leaves, have seen him have a few little drinks and cleared out some urates the other day, came down this morning and he was out chilling on his new log branch I bought yesterday looking just as beautiful as always, nearly meal day again so hopefully he feeds again hope your all good and noodle babys happy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BonnieAndClyde For This Useful Post:

Streller (03-05-2017)

Thanks
    He's looking great, and seems to be loving his new log hide. Fingers crossed you've got him on a feeding routine now, generally when they start eating, they won't stop for a while. Just don't freak out when you miss a week, sometimes my adult male just decides that he doesn't want to eat.

Just managed to feed my two (decided to trust the adult male and feed him without tongs), and the young female has not yet learned how to strike perfectly first time, she actually missed the rat and started darting out the vivarium frantically looking for it.

Here's a close up of Poseidon stuffing his face. xD

I see your noodle is definitely doing well, hope you're well too, and enjoying the experience.
    Streller
    1.0 Normal - Poseidon - Adult
    0.1 Lesser YB - Amphitrite - Adult

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Streller For This Useful Post:

BonnieAndClyde (03-05-2017)

Thanks

Yeah I think even thought theyre generally happy hiding he still likes to get out his house every now and then he seems to enjoy chilling on that branch sometimes so il leave it for him lol yeah gonna try every Tuesday and hopefully get some routine going but I know they can randomly decide not to eat little buggars lol oh wow your brave feeding without tongs lol I'm not that confident yet hehe curious have you ever been bit by mistake? ah love his little face he's tucking in nicely! I think clyde does look good yeah much better than when he came to us, yeah we're well happy as our noodle is happy hehe love it, already been talk of getting another 😏 hope your good

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BonnieAndClyde For This Useful Post:

Streller (03-05-2017)

Thanks
    Generally as long as they're not showing any signs of health issues, and they're not losing weight rapidly, missing a week or even a few months isn't unusual, pretty sure snakes will just have different periods where they don't eat, and some snakes will just eat all through the year hardly missing anything if not, not even missing a single meal. Lucky...

This is the first time that I bothered trying to feed him without tongs, I know it's not something to toyed with, and I understood the risks and was fairly confident he'd see the head of the rat that was hotter than hell (not literally - wasn't at risk of burning him), never been bit at all, and even if I was bit, my fault and not the animals.

Yep, you've done a great job with him. And I'm good, thanks!
    Streller

Thanks

Yeah I swear every day there must be 10+ threads on here about BP not feeding lol Although that said alot is potentially down to husbandry, yeah I think combination of the smell and heat, 9/10 times they know what they're going for lol sounds so silly but I'm curious to know wether it hurts or not, the power they have in them and I read quiet a bit thay says it don't hurt at all just more of a shock, curiosity killed the cat and all. Good good glad to hear it, how many noodle babys have you got is it just the two or more?

Thanks
    The only youngster I have is Amphitrite, my lesser YB female, and my other is the first I got - Poseidon, my adult male. I don't reckon it would hurt that much, the teeth of a royal aren't made to pierce like aggressive snakes, they're facing backwards to the back of their throat, so it's easier to keep a rodent caught and help to ease it down into the throat.
    Streller

Thanks

Ah cute stuff, think we will be getting another later this year when we know clyde settled be lovley to have another lol hmm yeah true point that. Either way defo something hopefully I don't have to experience I'm sure it would frighten clyde more than me lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BonnieAndClyde For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (03-05-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Streller View Post
    Congratulations, I'm glad he fed.

Hairdryer method is overpowered. xD
    Just saw this .. Presume spellcheck altered 'underestimated' to ' overpowered ' in error

Thanks
    Yeah, something to look forward to later on in the year when you decide whether or not you want to get another. It'll be a chance to raise a royal from a really young age. Just make sure you quarantine the newbie when the time comes.
    Streller

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast