Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,334

1 members and 3,333 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Question Fusing Plastic For Tank

I'm fixing up my ball pythons old tank but I have an issue. The tank is a study plastic(was originally a bird carrier I bought 2 years ago at a flea market) but one of the latches fell off, allowing him to easily escape from it. Tomorrow I am going to buy a new latch for it but I'm not sure of what the best method of putting the latch securely on would be. It's a really nice tank for him and I'd hate to let it go to waste. Any suggestions for securing the latch?

Thanks
    if you are talking about the outside of the enclosure, I secured a latch with high strength double sided tape, rated for 30 lbs (per square inch I think) from home depot. I cleaned the plexi with alcohold first and then attached. sorry, the image is sideways even though I rotated it. I made two latches, since my son is 5 and I've found he is way less likely to forget both latches than just one... found that out the hard way on the chicken coop :~)

Last edited by Slither Seeker; 02-18-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    "Keep in mind I am sharing what I have learned and what my experiences have taught me. I am not an expert, and it's always good to weigh varying perspectives... Doing it "correctly" often means balancing what works for others with what works for you, given your parameters and observations."

Family Critter List: Bumblebee BP, Fire Spider BP, Brazillian Rainbow Boa, Planted Aquarium, Red-Foot Tortoise, Dwarf Hamster, Holland Lop Rabbit, 6 egg laying chickens, 37 in freezer camp, last but not least Flap Jack, our Pit mix rescue dog who keeps everyone in line.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slither Seeker For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (02-18-2017)