Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,370

1 members and 3,369 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First BP.

Thanks

Re: First BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    That's great news !!!

After hundreds and hundreds of strike feeding thawed rats and mice - on tongs - it still scares me senseless - it's just so sudden . I must lose concentration or something

The only thing I forgot to mention is that I put a little piece of card / cardboard down on the substrate just in front of the hide entrance -just to lessen the chance of them eating some bark with the rat / mouse .

The good thing now is that you been successful you will be more confident next time and even if it doesn't take it first time , just repeat the the warming and offering until it does strike .
    The first two offerings I think she was still asleep, so I just sort of knocked her hide with the mouse. By the third time she was moving a lot in her there but not much I could see. The fourth time she had her head already out and just waiting for it, she went for it instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Maybe worth trying a thawed mouse again using the trusted method shown above ??
    Just takes all the worry away and someone even mentioned they're cheaper than LIVE ones , certainly more convenient .
    I know they are more convenient, that's why I wanted to make the switch, but I always have to try at least five times before she'll actually eat it, and this last time the mouse split into two pieces in the middle (gross) I gave her live the following day and she took it instantly.

1.0 Normal BP "Calliope"
    0.1 Hypo Leopard Gecko “El”
    1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko “Axle”
    0.0.1 Poecilotheria Regalis
    0.0.1 Poecilotheri Subfusca
    1.0 Siamese mix cat “Kurt”
    1.0 DLH Cat “Vodka”
    0.0.1 Suriname Red Tail Boa

"I’m just more comfortable with fauna and flora than with other humans."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OneEyedFox For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (02-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedFox View Post
    I know they are more convenient, that's why I wanted to make the switch, but I always have to try at least five times before she'll actually eat it, and this last time the mouse split into two pieces in the middle (gross) I gave her live the following day and she took it instantly.

It's kinda odd that it split though to be honest , I had that once or twice but son realised that I'd heated the mouse up in water that was far too hot and I'd probably part- cooked it - making them kinda explode . That's when I changed to the hairdryer method of heating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

It's the first time she comes out to explore!!!

She's been out for a couple of hrs now, it's great to see her moving lol

Thanks

can someone explain why my BP suddenly seems so active? When she first arrived se stayed for days in a row at her favorite spot. I even got a camera that notifies movement, but no movement seen.
    Until last night that she came out from 22:00 up to 00:30 and went back to sleep at her favorite hide.

Today it's 8:44 and she is here at the main glass very active going up and down and flicking her tongue like never before. I feed her every week, tomorrow night is time for another, temps and humidity seem stable and good as usual. I'm guessing she's hungry already? I just don't get why the change.

Thanks!!!

Thanks

Wow!!! This is the second time I feed my girl. As recommended last time I had de mouse thawing all day over his tank and at night I warmed it with a hair dryer and offered, WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! After that she went to hibernate for a couple of days.

Today I was going to do the same, got the mouse early in the morning and placed it over her tank, she came right out and crawled to the top and flicked her tongue to the mouse, and flicked and flicked... she seemed starved!!! I thought what the hell if she wants it she can have it! cold as it was and all I opened the cage and put it close to her. And with a gentle, slow bite she dragged it to the bottom where she swallowed. Now she's out again!!! is she hungry? still? or was it too small for her? I fed her a sub-adult mouse, next is the adult and I feel it's to big for her.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike17 View Post
    Wow!!! This is the second time I feed my girl. As recommended last time I had de mouse thawing all day over his tank and at night I warmed it with a hair dryer and offered, WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! After that she went to hibernate for a couple of days.

Today I was going to do the same, got the mouse early in the morning and placed it over her tank, she came right out and crawled to the top and flicked her tongue to the mouse, and flicked and flicked... she seemed starved!!! I thought what the hell if she wants it she can have it! cold as it was and all I opened the cage and put it close to her. And with a gentle, slow bite she dragged it to the bottom where she swallowed. Now she's out again!!! is she hungry? still? or was it too small for her? I fed her a sub-adult mouse, next is the adult and I feel it's to big for her.

You could show us a pic of the bump in her belly, thats the only way to tell, also, check for poop inside the hide, my babies do not go in when they poop inside

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Make sure to warm the mice to a min of a safe temp. If anything is frozen or below their Heathy Body temp you can cause a serious problem. Especially if there is ice left in a fozen mouse. Regurg is bad and some go off feeding after. Also just because they will take it doesnt make it ok. Go by your snakes weight, age and schedule feeding days.
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Mike17 (04-24-2017)

Thanks

About the activity yes, thank you!!! there was a huge dump hidden in her hide. lol. It was kind of stuck to the hide, when I raised it I didn't saw it, was lil' tricky to find it.

And about the lump, here are some pics of the feed and of today, after feed...

BTW, she did these awkward move twice, is that her just helping her get the mouse down the chute or is that the unfamous spider wobble?

This is just now, in my inexperience I don't see any noticeable lump on her.

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

About the activity yes, thank you!!! there was a huge dump hidden in her hide. lol. It was kind of stuck to the hide, when I raised it I didn't saw it, was lil' tricky to find it.

And about the lump, here are some pics of the feed and of today, after feed...

BTW, she did these awkward move twice, is that her just helping her get the mouse down the chute or is that the unfamous spider wobble?

This is just now, in my inexperience I don't see any noticeable lump on her.

Thats just a healthy swollow.. Some go strait up and almost upside down hahahaha
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Mike17 (02-28-2017)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast