Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,366

0 members and 3,366 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered User predatorkeeper87's Avatar
    Thanks
    lol welcome to the snake game. You realize now of course that soon...you will have a rack setup in your room with at least 2-3 more in it. You don't stop at one, ever.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to predatorkeeper87 For This Useful Post:

cayley (02-08-2017),meganmarkita15 (03-24-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Gorgeous snake!! Congrats on your first, you won't be disappointed. And congrats for finding this site and joining. There are so many amazing, helpful people willing to help you out on here.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: My First Snek! (Coral Glow)

Quote Originally Posted by predatorkeeper87 View Post
    lol welcome to the snake game. You realize now of course that soon...you will have a rack setup in your room with at least 2-3 more in it. You don't stop at one, ever.
    Hahahaha, I almost said congrats on your first, it won't be your last! My girlfriend was willing to let me have ONE snake in the house (she was basically afraid of snakes before meeting me). WE now have four after picking up our first in late October. I told her I would stop at two, the next two were HER idea. Now I say I'll stop at six! hahahaha, we'll see

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

cayley (02-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    I have a coral glow as well, he sure has changed as he matured. This isn't my snake, but looks similar, they get black spots all over them as they get older. It's a really unique morph. I read somewhere that someone found one in the wild and it was confiscated when he came through customs (or the airport?). It was a while later that someone else brought a wild one in from Africa. Some are male makers and produce mainly male babies and some are female makers. I'm still trying to figure that one out, it's unique to only the Coral glow / Banana gene. Most people say that the Coral Glow is the same as the Banana, although I think they originated from two different snakes brought in from Africa. I think it's by far one of the most unique morphs out there. I especially like the Coral Glow + Spider morph, thinking of trying to produce one myself. I actually paid $1,100 for my Coral Glow back in the day LOL.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cchardwick For This Useful Post:

cayley (02-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cayley View Post
    Hello everyone! Just to introduce myself, I will probably be here asking tons of questions as I don't know other people who have experience with ball pythons, or snakes for that matter. I've done all of my research using online methods and the breeder I've selected seems pretty helpful.

To give a little backstory, I was originally going to adopt an amel motley cornsnake (which was super pretty, fully grown and tame) but I took too long to pick it up and someone else snatched it. Snakes aren't very popular in my area so if they're up for adoption they usually disappear pretty quickly. After this, I was a bit disheartened but I saw some beautiful ball python morphs being sold on craigslist. They were quite a bit pricier but after doing some research on the general temperament, I realized that they were the pet for me. I really loved the way that they seemed to be a little lazier as adults, and their general size/shape as an adult really appealed to me. I wasn't sure of the craigslist route as I really wanted to have a "pet" quality snake that I could enjoy for a long time, I was very concerned about health and handling, so I decided to go the breeder route and found one that had a really professional look and supplied lots of information.

My original plan was to spend no more than $100 on the snake, and this breeder had some really nice looking super pastels. And I mean really lovely leopard patterned ones that he was selling for only a bit over my price range. I emailed him asking for more information, and noticed that he had some lavender albinos that were only a tiny bit more... but they were sold out. On a superficial note, I have purple hair and I'm very pale and artsy, and I knew that I wanted something that I would totally love, potentially for 30+ years.

Sooooo then I saw he had coral glows. And I died. And I spent way way more money than I planned to.

But like. Look at him.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOK O______O (breeders hand, not mine)

Nice snake but I am drawn to that HUGE pinky finger on that breeders hand!!! It's like double the size of any of his other fingers!! I......cant......stop.....looking
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

cayley (02-08-2017),meganmarkita15 (03-24-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Hahahaha, I almost said congrats on your first, it won't be your last! My girlfriend was willing to let me have ONE snake in the house (she was basically afraid of snakes before meeting me). WE now have four after picking up our first in late October. I told her I would stop at two, the next two were HER idea. Now I say I'll stop at six! hahahaha, we'll see
    lol ya...told myself I'd have my rat colony established first...3 snakes later and no baby rats...hahaha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Nice snake but I am drawn to that HUGE pinky finger on that breeders hand!!! It's like double the size of any of his other fingers!! I......cant......stop.....looking
    haha its the perspective. His other fingers are lowered and his pinky is extended upward. Same effect as when someone holds a fish out in front of them to make it look like a bigger catch.

Thanks

Yeah the genetics totally fascinate me! I got really involved trying to see how snakes changed as they aged. My original choice was actually a super pastel from the same breeder, it was really beautiful but then I got into reading about them "browning out". I am sure I would love it either way but I got really interested in getting something that would retain its colour at least- I noticed that the older coral glows had that gorgeous freckling and seemed to generally get more purple or fade a bit. Very photogenic animals And that's so much to pay for a snake! O___O Mine was $400 CDN which is a lot for me in the first place (student/artist life) so I'm glad they're accessible now!

Thanks
    Your new snake (and you, if that's you in your avatar) are both quite striking. Corals are beautiful and yours has very nice color indeed!
    0.1 BP - Mojave - Lexi
    1.0 Bearded Dragon - Thunder (RIP)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon - Lightning

"Now you know, and knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

welcome to the forum/community. congrats on the beautiful BP! everyone needs a Banana or Coral Glow!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12