Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,319

3 members and 3,316 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks

Re: Python Reticulatus Wallace Progression!

Quote Originally Posted by CloudtheBoa View Post
    I love their derpy baby faces, and you captured a decent few in this thread. lol

Both your's and Gio's SDs are growing a lot faster than I've seen to be expected of SDs, their growth is closely matching a "standard" mainland retic's growth when not power fed. They're far outstripping River's growth already, and she's now 8' at 2.5 years old. I'll have to see where she tops out at (around 5-6 years of age), but I'm thinking you guys may have bigger snakes than you planned on your hands if they're already growing faster than my (assumed) mainland.
    You know I was thinking the same thing. Levi is a mainland hatched 6/19/16 and he's about 5' just under 2 pounds and eats weekly. His meals average 120-130 grams. Maybe I've been underfeeding him a little? Never had a pushing issue but he is ALWAYS hungry. Thought that was just retics though.

Or maybe they all grow quickly while young regardless of SD/D/Mainland percentage to make them less vulnerable to predators? They all just top out at different sizes due to their natural environment, conditions and resources based on locality? Never owned a SD/D so just throwing thoughts out there. Regardless, you all have some good looking retics
    1.0 purple retic
    0.1 albino green burm
    2.0 bci
    0.1 coastal carpet
    1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Ball python
    1.0 Western hog

1.0 Alaskan Malamute

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ShaneSilva For This Useful Post:

Gio (02-11-2017)