Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,348

1 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Feces question

Thanks

Feces question

I just got my new ball, she is beautiful. But no I didnt get a 2005 model i got a 6 yo at about 3 foot. And im just told she is female and im content thinking that since im not breeding. My question is that her first defication contained alot of clear fluid and two ureic cakes. Ive only owned small corn snakes and put then on very absorbant substrate. I know i read somewhere that fluidic fecal material is bad. but cannot find info on it. My pets is a rescued one and I live in the middle of no where, and im in college which makes me poor, so going to a vet is a big to do. I know I know, i hear you all cringing, but my current situation cant help it and she is much better in my hands than the previous owners. So should i worry about the liquid content or is this normal?

Thanks

Re: Feces question

The clear fluid is more likely just a bit of urine. The next time the snake passes feces, take a small amount(half a teaspoon) to the vet and get it checked for parasites. If the snake has a BM the night before you are to go to the vet, put the feces in a plastic baggy and put it in the fridge. A fecal check shouldn't cost over $20 and you "shouldnt" have to take the snake in for an exam. I say "shouldn't" because I haven't ever had to. I do fecals myself(I'm a vet tech), see what parasites are involved, go to a vet and tell them what parasites there are and what meds I need. They may need to see the snake to weigh it and get the proper dosage.

Hope this has helped a bit
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Yeah, the liquid urine is actually normal. With a corn, you just wouldn't see it.

It's a bit unusual for a 6yo female to only be 3'. Much more likely it's a male, or possibly a female that hasn't eaten much in her life.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby
    It's a bit unusual for a 6yo female to only be 3'. Much more likely it's a male, or possibly a female that hasn't eaten much in her life.
    Yep...I would say so too...

My female is an August 2004 Hatchling and she is about 44'' now.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Yeah to be totally honest ive had her 3 days now. and havent taken the measuring tape to her, Letting her aclimate to her new enclosure/owner before putting her through more stress. The prev. owner said she would feed her/him a lot of big mice instead of one medium rat. and she said she fed her often like every week. and that she shed a lot. and even the fact thats shes 6. I have no evidence. Like I said this is a rescued pet so background info is not clear. I suppose its ok since I want her as a pet and not a breeder. I guess i was just shocked to see a lot of fluid, and a lil worried about her digestion. I havent a lot of history with her but she looked very healthy and alert, and not stressed, despite the poor condition i found her cage in. Actually the owner said that she was agressive and a biter. When i found her she was more gentel than my corns whose docility (is that a word?) im proud of. I could touch her tail and head and she would not flinch yet she looked around alert. She's a sweetheart and I cant wait till I can start playing with her.