Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,387

3 members and 3,384 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks

Loss of a friend

Recently my Central American boa, Hebe, passed away. I love all of my animals, but I'd had him for years and developed a serious emotional attachment to him. What happened was I saw he was uncomfortable and had a retained eye cap, so I attempted to take it off. That didn't work, so I took him to the vet and spent about $100 for him to say it wouldn't be a problem and to leave it. I checked on him every day, and made sure he was alright. Saturday night I checked on him before heading to bed, and he looked fine (as fine as he can with a swollen eye).

The next day I left for a reptile expo and didn't look at him in the morning. I looked at him Sunday night and found him dead, looking severely dehydrated and, frankly, emaciated. He had eaten about three weeks prior to his death.

I may post something more about his actual cause of death (because the vet proved to be NO HELP whatsoever), but that's not what this thread is about. I want to know some coping skills for when an animal you loved passes away suddenly. Any help will be appreciated, as I'm having a really hard time dealing with this at this point in my life. Thank you.

~AJ
    Last edited by lingooisit; 01-30-2017 at 10:20 AM.