Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,617

0 members and 1,617 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai

Threaded View

Thanks

My Adventures in Rat Breeding

I'm deep into rat breeding now, currently have five litters. I'm also breeding mice with around 20 litters right now. I really enjoy rodent breeding, the rats especially. I've learned a lot about rat genetics. I just wanted to share some of my rats.

My first rat Tony. She is a mink irish who carries RED and russian blue. She has produced three litters for me and is now in retirement at a year old. aa B- CC Dd G- mm pepe P- Rr DuDu

Skittles was my second female rat. She produced two litters for me. She was always skittish and had maternal aggression, so I culled her. She was a himalayan who carried russian blue and dumbo. aa B- chc Dd G- M- P- RR Dudu

Charles is essentially the founding male of my colony, he had eight litters. He was a russian blue berkshire that carried albino and dumbo. aa B- Cc dd G- MM PP RR Dudu

Mephistopheles is my second founding male and I have only recently started to breed him and determine what genes he carries. He has had three litters. So far, he has proven to be a fawn hooded that carries black, mink, and PED. Aa B- C- D- G- Mm Pp rr Du-

Nixie is my third founding female, a black hooded who carries russian blue, albino, and dumbo. She is on her second litter that is less than a week old, it is from Mephistopheles and there are some RED or PED but I can't tell which yet. aa B- Cc Dd G- M- P- R- Dudu

Succubus is my fourth female, a champagne berkshire who carries russian blue, albino, dumbo, and RED. She is on her second litter presently. aa B- Cc Dd G- M- pp Rr Dudu

Stheno is my fifth female, a cinnamon irish who carries dumbo and albino. She is currently resting from her first litter. Aa B- Cc DD G- mm pepe P- R- Dudu

Euryale is Stheno's sister and sixth female, also a cinnamon irish who carries dumbo and albino. She is on her second litter, she didn't raise her first, four of the pups have died from this litter. At first I thought it was her poor mothering skills, but I'm starting to think there was something wrong with them. Aa B- Cc DD G- mm pepe P- R- Dudu

Gengar is the seventh, and last female that I will be bringing in. The rest of my rats will be hold backs from litters as I work on improving temperament and color. Gengar is a black self and is still too small for breeding. aa B- C- D- G- M- P- R- Du-

I will post the second generation of my rats in the comments another time.
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Champagne (Orochimaru)
    0.1 Mojave Bumble Bee (Gwnyvere)
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Coral Glow (Jiraiya)
    0.1 Hypo (Kisame)
    0.1 Enchi Leopard 66% Het Pied (Matatabi)
    0.1 Black Head Red Gene (Kushina)
    0.1 GHI Mojave (Tsume)
    0.1 Piebald (Tsunade)
    0.1 Super Stripe (Temari)
    0.1 Albino Spinner (Kurenai)
    0.1 Vanilla Calibee (Ino)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nightwolfsnow For This Useful Post:

John1982 (01-29-2017),PitOnTheProwl (01-28-2017),voodoolamb (01-28-2017)