Everything going wrong: farm, pets...everything.

As for rabbits, had two bucks that bit up does. In all the years I've had this colony, I've never had this happen before with bonded pairs/groups. Two does are dead, and I may put down the last. Both bucks were put down. At this point, I've only got one viable family unit left.

We hit a cold spell, and I decided the Hydrofarm wasn't cutting it for the Rosy boa, and I wanted to add a a regulated RHP. So, $200 for a Herpstat. Not a huge deal.

A few days ago, I noticed a couple chickens missing. Turns out the electric fence for that pen is no longer working. The fence is tattered and needs replacing, I was getting by with repairs (the NM sun here just bakes equipment). Anyway, the solar charger doesn't seem to be working at all, except that I can't find a bad connection. While trouble shooting that, the other new charger for the other separate flock of chickens isn't putting out full power either (good enough to do the job, but why??). Anyway, a new charger and electronet fence should be here Tuesday. $400.

Today, I was doing the daily rat enclosure cleaning, and one of the rats is all scabbed up. Nasty! These are pampered and CLEAN rats. They enjoy a Critter Nation with fleece bedding, and I shake out the poops daily, wash food/water dished every morning, and change the fleece every few days. It happened all at once - I would have noticed!! So, on to a rat care site, cause is likely mites, need to special order some horse Ivermectin type medicine from the feed store and (off label) hope that works....