Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,961

2 members and 1,959 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

PLEASE HELP!!! What could be wrong????

WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH HIM???? I have had him for about 2 weeks now. Bought him from a shifty pet store in Lockport, IL called Gills & Thrills. He fed 2 days ago and regurgitated sometime overnight last night. Now he's doing this, almost like he's still trying to regurgitate, and it's gotten more violent than what's in the video. There's saliva all over the tank. He is drinking right now and hanging in his water bowl. Do I need to take him out of his misery???? And for the sake of my other snakes????? PLEASE HELP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1.0 Lesser Pastel
    1.0 Enchi
    0.1 Cinnamon

Thanks

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! What could be wrong????

Mouth rot???

1.0 Lesser Pastel
    1.0 Enchi
    0.1 Cinnamon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts
    I would get him to a vet fast! Good luck and God speed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

Brainplague (02-03-2017),GoingPostal (12-30-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KaileyC View Post
    WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH HIM???? I have had him for about 2 weeks now. Bought him from a shifty pet store in Lockport, IL called Gills & Thrills. He fed 2 days ago and regurgitated sometime overnight last night. Now he's doing this, almost like he's still trying to regurgitate, and it's gotten more violent than what's in the video. There's saliva all over the tank. He is drinking right now and hanging in his water bowl. Do I need to take him out of his misery???? And for the sake of my other snakes????? PLEASE HELP!!

First thing you should do is contact Brian at Gills & Thrills and give him the chance to make things right. I've been shopping there for a few years and never had any trouble with his animals or feeders. When my daughter had trouble with a snake she bought from him he stepped up and helped right away. Give him a call and let him know what's going on with your snake. Give him the chance to make it right.
    1.0 Trick Pinstripe (Loki)
    0.1 Firefly Axanthic (Oreo)
    1.0 VPI Black Satin Black Pastel (Sneaky)
    1.0 Pied (Spot)
    0.1 Normal (Fatty)
    0.1 Bumblebee (Bumble)
    1.0 Pastel Genetic Stripe. (Ozzy)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts
    Sorry you have to experience this with the little guy. Definitely call the seller and let him offer some remediation. What are your husbandry numbers? The animal looks like he may have several issues and needs exotic vet intervention as soon as possible. I ask about husbandry bc too low temps can cause regurges. But the oral cavity color and presence of fluid has me worried. Good luck and don't panic.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    Sorry you have to experience this with the little guy. Definitely call the seller and let him offer some remediation. What are your husbandry numbers? The animal looks like he may have several issues and needs exotic vet intervention as soon as possible. I ask about husbandry bc too low temps can cause regurges. But the oral cavity color and presence of fluid has me worried. Good luck and don't panic.
    Hot end is at 91, cool is at 78. Humidity is 76%. He actually passed at 5am this morning. It all happened SO quickly. I didn't notice any signs or symptoms before last night, which literally started right before I took the video (other than the regurg which happened yesterday as well). He's seemed fine lately. I will definitely be giving Brian a call today and taking the body to the vet to figure out what was wrong. Thank you all for your help!

1.0 Lesser Pastel
    1.0 Enchi
    0.1 Cinnamon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KaileyC For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (12-30-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts
    Wow, my deepest condolences! Good move to get to the vet and try to see what the etiology was. He needs to be double bagged and refrigerated for any type of necropsy to be done. Good luck. These animals do suffer.with sudden death and it happens.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 12-30-2016 at 05:44 PM.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    Sorry to hear about your loss. What did you feed him? And what kind of substrate is that? My guess is that he ate something bad, maybe your rodent wasn't fully defrosted or maybe it was too hot / cooked? How did you prepare the rodent before feeding? Or maybe he ingested some substrate? Have you used any chemicals at all in the tank? Looks like intestinal distress to me. What kind of morph is that? I hope it wasn't too expensive...
    Last edited by cchardwick; 12-30-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks

I think the rat was bad, now that you mention it. I had bought some for him at the place I bought him and I noticed when I opened the FROZEN bag, there was a bit of an odor. I've never had an order with any other rats I've bought. Lucky I've only used those rats for him and not my others. That could explain the red spots in his mouth then? I feed in a separate box with newspaper so no, I'm ALMOST positive he didn't ingest any. It's the ReptiBark, which I've gotten lots of opinions about lately but I feel it works well for my set ups.

1.0 Lesser Pastel
    1.0 Enchi
    0.1 Cinnamon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss. What did you feed him? And what kind of substrate is that? My guess is that he ate something bad, maybe your rodent wasn't fully defrosted or maybe it was too hot / cooked? How did you prepare the rodent before feeding? Or maybe he ingested some substrate? Have you used any chemicals at all in the tank? Looks like intestinal distress to me. What kind of morph is that? I hope it wasn't too expensive...
    He was an enchi and I only paid $50 for him... but I liked his demeanor. He was really friendly. I had the rat in a baggie in a bowl of cold water. Warmed it with a heat lamp for a couple mins.

1.0 Lesser Pastel
    1.0 Enchi
    0.1 Cinnamon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast