Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,211

0 members and 3,211 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Thermomiter question?

I have two digital thermomiters in my cage. The one on the warm side is ont of them with the probe thing. My question is this, where is the best place for my probe. Lying on the floor of the cage, suction cupped on the wall at the botom, or mid range. I currently have it suction cupped at the bottom of the side next to my aspin, and was thinking that this might be a cooler spot being at the corner and not give me an accurate reading. So maby lay it on the floor toward the middle of the tank. What do yall think?

thanks
    Ray

Thanks

Re: Thermomiter question?

Sorry, I didn't really understand the 1st little bit of your question so I'll just give you the "just" of the thermometers.
    You should have atleast 2 thermometers with probes (those stick on thermometers are crap) You can get thermometers with probes for $10 so their cheap. Place one thermometer probe in the actuall warm side hide box as this is where your snake will spend most of their time, just tuck it under the edge of the hide so that it isn't in the snakes way. Place the second thermometer probe either in the cool side hide or in the cool side corner. Then I would get one of those thermometer/Hygro digital combos that also has a probe for tempature & humidity levals(you can get a really good one for under $20) Place that combo probe in the middle of your cage about half way up from the bottom so that you can keep a good eye on the ambient temp and humifity. If you do this your set.
    If you don't have the money for the extra thermometer then use what you have now, just make sure that the one you have now with the probe is in the warm side hide box because that is the most important.

Thanks

Re: Thermomiter question?

Don't worry, I have gone compleetly digital and I do have one at each end. The one on my cool end has the hidromoniter or whatever the humidity checker is called. . My question was relating to where I should put the probe on the warm side. You answered it. Stuck to the side just didn't seem right, BUt I have to say, I didn't think about actually placint it in the warm hide.. THat may not be a bad idea. Then again, Felix don't really spend that much time in there, could be cause it is a bit warm. He hangs out in the middle hide most of the time. Thanks for the advice.