Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,132

4 members and 1,128 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,582
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts

Re: Progression thread!!! Female hypo bci

2-3 weeks and offer a meal half the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

Thanks

What are your temps, how are you measuring them, and how are you heating?

How big was the meal (size/weight of snake and size weight of prey item would help if you don't have pictures)?

I take it you took the aspen out of her mouth the day after you fed her? If her husbandry is correct and that is most likely why she regurged.

8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")

Thanks

Yea her cage is spot on 90 hot spot 80 cool side 65ish% humidity I'm 100% betting it was just cuz I had to put her through the stress of taking the aspen out.... Thank you cloud

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    1.0 normal bp - 2015 - Erebus
    1.0 bci hypo motley het albino - 2016 - Aether
    0.1 bci hypo het albino - 2016 - Nyx

Thanks

Oh and btw this just happened as well one full shed no stuck pieces at all if it wasent for the regurge I'd be very very happy but since the regurge happened im kinda sad for her but like I said before I'm almost 100% sure it was because I put her through alot of stress not even 2r hours after she ate... But I had to get it out asap but anyways here is a pic of the full shed

Edit: please don't mind the surface that shed is on its a old iron board I use for a flat surface haha

Last edited by erebus45; 12-25-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Good god man!! Leave you alone for a few days and you make your boa regurg and get stuck aspen in her mouth I've never seen stuck aspen in any of my snakes and they have eaten lots of aspen lol. What I do with babies though is feed them on a sheet of printer paper. Just dangle the rat or mouse by the tail and when the boa grabs it, just hold the tail and let the boa curl up on it. Then I put the sheet of printer paper down and set the snake who is still attached to the mouse or rat all down in the center of the paper.

As for the regurg, I would guess either stress or a bad mouse or too large of food although I am doubtful of the too large unless you fed it something HUGE. I've fed Rosey my 6-7' girl rabbits that were really huge and she got them down but I didn't see her for a few days inside her hide lol. Since yours is new, I would guess either stress from you messing with her after she ate or a bad feeder.

Like Cloud said, I would wait until 2 weeks and then try again but with a smaller mouse.

And of course, you are offering warm and cool hides of the same kind? And I saw your temps and humidity and that all looks ok. Also can throw in cereal boxes or paper towel tubes. For some reason, snakes seem to love cardboard. They work great until the snake takes a dump on top of it or pisses in it, then its done and time for a new one lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

I always go with the 48 hour minimum after eating before I will even attempt to hold them - have never had a regurge.

I understand your reasoning for handling this time but you mentioned once before you handled after only 24 hours. I really believe 48 hours is best to wait.

Good luck with your new snake.
    L. West
    1.0 CORAL ALBINO BOA (OWEN)
    1.0 PANAMANIAN HYPO BOA (SAWYER)
    1.0 DUMERIL'S BOA (GRAYSON)
    1.0 ALBINO HONDURAN (RIVER)
    0.1 TANGERINE HONDURAN (FAITH)
    1.0 ALBINO TESSERA CORN SNAKE (RILEY)

Thanks

Sauzo- I know I'm a bad person and believe me when I say that their will be paper towel under them from now on I honestly hate the fact that I have put her through this... I know the regurge was from the stress of removing the aspen it was a really big piece (compared to her mouth) I will be waiting 2 weeks to try and feed her again she is active at night as usual so nothing has really changed with her.... Oh and yes their is 2 hides one on cool and one on warm but she never goes in them she buries herself in the aspen and stays their till night time

L. West- I did learn my lesson the first time with handling around the 24 hour mark after feeding and I told myself I would never do it again and yes if it wasent for the aspen I wouldn have held her at all... I just wanted to get it out before it got infected

Thank you both for the concerns... I will post more updates on her when she eats (next sunday)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Don't use paper towels. If the food is damp, it can get wrapped in the paper towel and eaten which will give you really big problems. Use either a paper plate, newspaper or I personally use sheets of printer paper. The 8x11 stuff you can buy at any office store. It stays rigid enough to feed on and wont get wrapped up in the food.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Paper towel is weighted down by hides and a water dish, there shouldn't be any danger of it getting wrapped up.

I also don't generally worry about bedding in their mouth. Granted, I mostly use EcoEarth and not aspen, but I under no circumstances handle them until at least 48 hours after they eat. If something needs cleaned up I do my best to clean around them.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234