Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,128

2 members and 3,126 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,111
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User Ballpythonguy92's Avatar
    Thanks

From start to finish possible male albino banana

So I'm starting this thread to show the baby albino possible banana from every step of growing to breeding and then the eggs until they hatch now this was the only albino out of 4 from the clutch that was off and differnt to me all others just looked normal but this one had a nice banding pattern that was very clean but yet he is super faded like always in shed so I decided not to sell him and breed him as males take around 6 months to breed but here's some pics of him and 2 siblings another female albino and male banana both 100% het vpi axanthic and the banana is poss het albino

The possible banana albino

The normal albino female 100% het vpi axanthic

Male banana 100% het vpi axanthic/poss het albino

All 3

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated I know I posted a similar thread but I didn't have the app and used a fb link to my reptile page and I willy be posting pictures after sheds and empty to get the most accurate weights and I rather get right after a shed because that's when they mostly go poop and also just at the beginning of a new growth cycle

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ballpythonguy92 For This Useful Post:

Ashley96 (11-28-2016),cletus (11-28-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts
    Really nice snakes. I love that banana!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cletus For This Useful Post:

Ballpythonguy92 (11-28-2016)

Thanks

Re: From start to finish possible male albino banana

Thank you and he was my favorite out of 4 males it was hard to choose but he turned out to be the best colored in my eyes but I almost when with a faded banana and I can't wait to breed him to the female albino and hopefully beat all odds and get snow bananas lol

Thanks

Oops I mixed in 2 pics of the faded with the normal albino but it's obvious

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 995 Posts
    Very interesting! Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to piedlover79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts
    It certainly looks like a promising project. Good luck, sir!
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yea I'm pretty excited due to I've never seen one this faded and I have had people ask if it's a ghost albino but from as far as I know it's not it's just a faded albino that could be a banana and I will be also posting pictures in this thread when the same parents lay eggs again so I can see if theirs a banana albino and what it would look like and does anybody know of anything like lavender albino banana or toffee banana anything that would be close to what I think it should be like

Thanks

Well I have very very sad news to report 2 snakes including this faded albino and a normal sibling are most likley dead after a regular cleaning I had checked on them to see how they were settled as I planned to feed them all next well these 2 and the banana and brighter albino were very slow and not moving aswell but all 4 did move alot when bathed in warm water and I have put them all back in their warm tubs and only the bright albino looks like she will make it for sure also I had demited them just the other day due to an outbreak with the live rodents from my supplier not the first time and why I switched to frozen thawed but these babies were stubborn and here's the weird part their was 8 babies demited and only 4 ended up in bad shape and the mite spray says it's safe but should avoid face and eyes and I did so and only used it about an inch or half inch below their heads and down to avoid getting their face and eyes but I'm still very upset and just pissed off at my self because I did this I demited them I cleaned their cages but something happened I know stuff happens but I feel terrible about this and almost wish I didn't do whatever cause it but I also think if I left the mites it will spread and get worse and will possibly kill snakes I'm just hoping they all turn around and get better I will have an update in a few hours and tomorrow morning

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ballpythonguy92 For This Useful Post:

jbzapanda (11-29-2016)

Thanks

I hope everything turns out well
    1.0 Coral Glow - Jumbi

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jbzapanda For This Useful Post:

Ballpythonguy92 (11-29-2016)

Thanks

Thnx and me too but I fear only the lighter female albino will make it and maybe the male banana I was going to pair with but I even emailed the company asking if it's safe how come this happened and made sure I wasn't sounded like I was blaming them just wanted to also know if they had any other reports of this but I hope their honest and tell me if their has and how many since it's been out I was using jurrasamite I believe it's spelled and it says I can use it daily but I do it weekly to be safe and I just feel soo bad I can't stress it enough and when I got mites again in the quarantine rack again I didn't think anything of it this time i was like oh well good thing i put this male here but then about a month later this happens I know it maybe could have had nothing to do with it as their all siblings maybe something genetic but highly unlikely and why I'm just feeling like a bad owner atm this is my first time dealing with a death of a snake but I'm no stranger to escapees never to be seen again and why I stopped keeping cornsnakes lol but I'm hoping a miracle happens with them and they all get better I keep looking at them every ten minutes and the one that looks the best everytime is the female albino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast