Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 503

1 members and 502 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    These are a bit old. I stopped putting real plants in with him because he kept digging them up and destroying them.

I also have some in my gallery here.

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/sho...mageuser=28059

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/sho...mageuser=28059
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Re: Emerald tree boa help!!

Wow that is beautiful man amazing set up. That gtp seems so healthy beautiful animal. I'm looking at these pvc cages I will get me a 49x24x24 as soon as possible I say about 3 weeks from now. I hope to fix my problem with my ETB before that tho. I don't know what else to do. I guess I just have to wait and hope for the best. Big thanks Man. !

Thanks

Let me ask you something. I have the opportunity to get a "pastel,fire,spider ball python for really cheap, I heard these morphs might get or have a head wobble, I do get it and if in the worst case it has that head wobble is that something to consider will that be IBD? And if it its IBD will it be noticeable at first sight ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panic2336 View Post
    Let me ask you something. I have the opportunity to get a "pastel,fire,spider ball python for really cheap, I heard these morphs might get or have a head wobble, I do get it and if in the worst case it has that head wobble is that something to consider will that be IBD? And if it its IBD will it be noticeable at first sight ?
    Its the spider gene that will have the wobble. To my knowledge is has nothing to do with IBD. A snake with a wobble can be just as healthy as any other snake. Im no gene master though so you may want to ask in another thread for a better answer.
    KMG

Thanks

Wow that is beautiful man amazing set up. That gtp seems so healthy beautiful animal. I'm looking at these pvc cages I will get me a 49x24x24 as soon as possible I say about 3 weeks from now. I hope to fix my problem with my ETB before that tho. I don't know what else to do. I guess I just have to wait and hope for the best. Big thanks Man. !
    Thanks!!! I love how these display and I really enjoy owning them.
    KMG

Thanks

Alright I should do that but I think Even if I don't find a answer I'm still getting it because he seems healthy and beautiful will post picture tonight once I have him. Take care yourself and we'll keep in touch I'll keep posting the progress of my ETB hoping he eats for me and if I get this ball python I'll show it here aswell cheers brother.

Thanks
    Sounds good.
    KMG

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Your ETB is most likely wild caught, as CB ETB's are fairly rare and are very expensive when they're available. Backwater would be unlikely to have any CB. Don't be fooled by "Captive Hatched" or "Farmed" as more often than not, that just means wild caught.

Next time the snake poops, you need to collect the stool and take it to a specialized reptile vet for a fecal examination. Wild caught specimens are prone to having parasite, protozoa, or bacterial issues. You should abandon any and all decorations other than the bare essentials for the time being, and clean the enclosure frequently and fastidiously, so that the parasites and or microorganisms don't end up becoming concentrated in the small enclosure. If you haven't already, quarantine this ETB away from the rest of your reptiles. Not only can your ETB expose your CB animals to wild bacteria that may cause problems in captivity, but your CB animals may also have bacterial loads that could cause problems for the ETB.

Secondly, the animal most likely arrived dehydrated, as you noted it looks very skinny with pronounced spine and ribs. From the skin folds in your pictures, that definitely looks to be the case. Even if the humidity in your enclosure is good, the ETB may need some extra help getting properly hydrated. A few long soaks may be warranted to help with that. ETB's preserve their weight pretty well, so yours is more likely to be dehydrated than undernourished, although both are of course possible.

Also as mentioned, your enclosure is much too small. The enclosure needs to be large enough that there are a variety of microclimates in which the snake's entire body can fit within to thermoregulate.

On the bright side, it's a good sign that it's eaten at least once, but less so that it's gone 3.5 weeks without eating since. Have the actual poops been runny or showing any other obvious problems, or were they reasonably solid? Reptiles are good at hiding underlying conditions, so just because the animal appears healthy doesn't mean it is. From the looks of your photos though, it does not look to be that healthy. The fact that the spine and ribs are prominent as you noted, along with the apparent skin folds, as well as the fact that it's not eating, is evident that not everything is okay.

In any event find a good reptile vet, and as soon as the snake next poops, collect the stool and take both snake and stool to the vet. This should have been done from day 1 with a wild caught animal, but better late than never.
    Last edited by hhw; 11-21-2016 at 08:33 AM. Reason: saw pictures
    ~40 Ball Pythons (mostly Freeway/Asphalt, Bongo, GHI, and Leopard combos)
    3.8.3 Green Tree Pythons (mostly TM/TW blueline, a few Highland/Wamena)
    1.2 Children's Pythons
    1.2 Cay Caulker Boas
    1.2 Black Fuli House Snakes
    1.0.4 Amazon Tree Boas (1x tiger, 3x halloween garden, 1x garden)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhw For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (11-21-2016),cletus (11-21-2016)

Thanks

Wow now I'm worried. Well not sure if it is wild caught or not he's very docile but that doesn't mean anything. Poop been reasonably solid not like diarrhea or anything. so for me to help with the dehydration how should I do it? Soak it in water and leave it there ? Put him in a plastic container and close the lid? How ? For how long? And should I do it once a week? once a day ? how does that work? Thank you !
    Last edited by Panic2336; 11-21-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Wow now I'm worried. Well not sure if it is wild caught or not he's very docile but that doesn't mean anything. Poop been reasonably solid not like diarrhea or anything. so for me to help with the dehydration how should I do it? Soak it in water and leave it there ? Put him in a plastic container and close the lid? How ? For how long? And should I do it once a week? once a day ? how does that work? Thank you !
    Well don't be worried, just have to take the appropriate actions. Certainly getting a stool sample and double ziplocking it into the fridge is the most important first step. Next would be to start the rehydration process by soaking the animal in a tepid water / shallow tub. 30 - 45 minutes should be a good starting time frame bc snakes absorb considerable amounts of fluids through their cloacas. Plastic tub with airholes and a lid should suffice. Great looking ETB btw. Good job!
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 11-21-2016 at 11:19 AM.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast