Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,292

1 members and 3,291 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

The Negative Thread

ok, we can't always be positive. post your rants here.

i went to a party and lost my cell phone on Saturday night!

(now i'm using a crappy old iphone 4. )
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Re: The Negative Thread

Everytime I put out a code review my team changes the requirements while I was working on it without telling me so I have to spend days trying to reimplement everything. I've been working on the same project for like 3 weeks and have had to redo the entire thing like 4 times because the base framework and team code conventions were changed while I was working on it and I wasn't notified

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    1.0 Butter Ghost
    0.1 Butter Pin

0.1 Nic BCI

0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    Currently, my biggest headaches are just my new super pastel calico and my adult lesser female, who were both eating live prey with their breeder/old owner, so that's the only negative on my mind.

The lesser refused f/t again yesterday. Woopee. I thawed it on top of her cage the whole afternoon like I did the last time she took the f/t, but she didn't take this time. She came out of her hide and towards it, as if speculating whether it's good to eat or not... And then decided that it's not good to eat for the rest of the night.

But since she took the f/t once before, she'll take it again right? (maybe not...)
    Last edited by redshepherd; 10-24-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Currently, my biggest headaches are just my new super pastel calico and my adult lesser female, who were both eating live prey with their breeder/old owner, so that's the only negative on my mind.

The lesser refused f/t again yesterday. Woopee. I thawed it on top of her cage the whole afternoon like I did the last time she took the f/t, but she didn't take this time. She came out of her hide and towards it, as if speculating whether it's good to eat or not... And then decided that it's not good to eat for the rest of the night.

But since she took the f/t once before, she'll take it again right? (maybe not...)
    What was the time gap between her last feed and this offering ?

I have a couple who will only take food every 10 to 12 days and other Royals who will eat every 5 days .

Also try heating the df rat / mouse with a hairdryer for 20 seconds moments before offering , repeat the warming each time until hopefully it takes it . They usually get more and mire interested each time ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    What was the time gap between her last feed and this offering ?

I have a couple who will only take food every 10 to 12 days and other Royals who will eat every 5 days .

Also try heating the df rat / mouse with a hairdryer for 20 seconds moments before offering , repeat the warming each time until hopefully it takes it . They usually get more and mire interested each time ...

It was 7 days before I offered yesterday, she took a small rat. I'll try again in maybe 5 days and see how it goes. I do heat with a hairdryer and repeated a few times- by the third or fourth offer, she totally lost interest and just stayed in her hide. Reason being she was on live rats for I assume her entire life, so she's not being easy to switch.
    Last edited by redshepherd; 10-24-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    It was 7 days before I offered yesterday, she took a small rat. I'll try again in maybe 5 days and see how it goes. I do heat with a hairdryer and repeated a few times- by the third or fourth offer, she totally lost interest and just stayed in her hide. Reason being she was on live rats for I assume her entire life, so she's not being easy to switch.

Worth another try in a week maybe , I read an article a while back suggesting that the reason so many Royals appear to be fussy is that some of them are simply not hungry .... it made sense and that's why I changed the schedule for a couple of mine with great success . They eat less often but sometimes take double .
    Oh well ... good luck anyways bud .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Worth another try in a week maybe , I read an article a while back suggesting that the reason so many Royals appear to be fussy is that some of them are simply not hungry .... it made sense and that's why I changed the schedule for a couple of mine with great success . They eat less often but sometimes take double .
    Oh well ... good luck anyways bud .

Yeah, I'm starting to feel that is the reason too for many of them. I feed my albino male (who went off feed last winter for 3 months) just a small rat every 2 weeks now, and it's working well.

I'm just worried about the lesser girl not eating enough or consistently, since I was planning on pairing her this winter...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Had to take my old dog that is 12 years old to the vet today. She is not losing any weight despite diet changes and exercise. She had blood drawn to see if she is suffering from hypothyroidism. She was also put on antibiotics and pain pills for a nasty infection she has. Well, to say the least, that was one expensive trip to the vet but I love my dog.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,861 Times in 4,780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soord View Post
    Everytime I put out a code review my team changes the requirements while I was working on it without telling me...
    I think we work at the same place. That said, when that gets pulled on me I push the implementation deadline out another two months. Eventually they quit.

Just keep repeating to yourself "It pays the rent. It pays the rent. It pays the rent."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Soord (10-24-2016)

Thanks

People on the internet were mean to me. ;(

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast