Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,311

0 members and 3,311 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: 3-4 Recessive Gene Mutations?

Quote Originally Posted by Griz/Rosco B.Pythons View Post
    Lol I'm not a big fan of the snows

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    Me neither unless they are lavender snow http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...r-albino-snow/
    Deborah Stewart

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (03-25-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Me neither unless they are lavender snow http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...r-albino-snow/
    The one on the left in the second picture is incredible. Just wow.

Registered User Griz/Rosco B.Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks

Man they are mate. I never seen the lavender snows.

Registered User Griz/Rosco B.Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks

I mean I have but not like that last pic. I thought they all looked like the first one

Thanks
    Personally, the only reason snows dont just blow me away is the fact that we have so many other, easier to produce combos that create all white snakes. Cleaner all white snakes, imo.

The lavender snows are completely different though, and completely stunning. I'd love to see if a Candy Snow would have stronger purples or not.

But to stay on track with this thread, a quadruple het to quadruple het breeding would likely (unless you kill the odds) take decades to come to fruition. I know one of the forum members here just recently on a whim paired a double recessive to another double recessive (Albino Clown to Ghost Pied if I remember correctly) and outlined the odds of producing a quad animal in his own thread.

EDIT: Of producing a quad animal from the quad het offspring I mean. All babies from the original breeding would appear as the wild type.
    Last edited by Trisnake; 10-23-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Ghost And Albino would not be something I would mix an Albino ghost is really just a more "Orangy Albino" nothing extraordinary IMO http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/albino-ghost/
    Personally I think people gave up too soon on the project

Quote Originally Posted by Griz/Rosco B.Pythons View Post
    Dang. I Thought The Chances Of Producing A Multi Recessive Morph Was The Same As Producing A Multi Co-Dominant Morph. Is This Wrong?

The same as a multi Super. Super Pastel, Super banana, Super enchi, Super Orange dream all in one snake for example.

I think the more realistic approach is to keep everything at 1/16 odds. Breed a hypo pied to a hypo clown and make hypo double hets. Make the hypo clown pied from that. Breed an albino clown to an albino pied and make albino double hets. Make the albino clown pied. Breed albino clown pied to hypo clown pied. Make clown pied double hets. Or something like that.

With that said I currently I have 1.3 pastel triple het clown pied hypo and 1.0 pastel double het albino hypo 50% het clown and 0.1 double het albino hypo 50% het clown. Even if I don't hit on the triples, a double recessive pos het can still push the project farther.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I am working on a few double recessive projects and hope to hit a double visual in the coming season (but would need a lot of luck); once that happens triple projects will inevitably follow. At least I currently have an adult breeder male pastel g-stripe het ghost and his 2016 daughter ghost het g-stripe is growing up and doing well. My chances in the upcoming season will rely on possible hets, however, so nothing definite. The season after my ghost het pied pair will be ready and I am hopeful of proving another male as hypo mojave het g-stripe (66% het). It would also be good to prove my 66% het axanthic girl since her poss g-stripe het didn't prove and I have a 100% het g-stripe clutch from her with a couple of promising looking babies. There is also my half sib pair of pastel het axanthic and visual female (proven breeder - gave me some nice true ghost hets this year) to pair for a pastel axanthic male but they are also both 50% het pied, oh, and the het axanthic sister of the pastel male could also be breeding this time.
    Last edited by yardy; 10-25-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

That albino ghost looks like a high contrast albino. Nice project on the way to a triple recessive with pied or clown mixed in.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    That albino ghost looks like a high contrast albino. Nice project on the way to a triple recessive with pied or clown mixed in.
    I have personally seen a couple of albino ghosts in the flesh and they were rather nice. A subtle combination and even the breeder wasn't sure about what he had, but I was and was later proved right. I liked them more than I expected to but not sure that I would go to the trouble of trying to make some given the effort and odds involved when there are a lot more spectacular/attractive projects out there. Lavender glow is on my list much much higher than sunglow.

BPnet Senior Member MidSouthMorphs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,267 Times in 833 Posts
    The only quad recessive I have in mind is a Caramel DG Clown Pied. Which I am starting my long road with that this season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast