Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,459

2 members and 3,457 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

New owner just wanna share my story and say thanks to the community on this website.

Hello everyone.

I'm a noob when it comes to snakes and I also never post on forums I tend to just get my info and move on. Truth be told, I was actually afraid of them about 3 weeks ago (still a bit afraid though). My gf (who enjoys reptiles) wanted to check out a petcafe here in Tokyo. I walked in with her and was posed a challenge by my gf and an employee. Not one to back down accepted the challenge and put forth a brave face as they placed a snake on my open palm. Hair on my hand stood up as I held it. But quickly got accustomed to it and it wasn't "oily" as I had initially thought.

2 weeks later my girlfriend mentioned a show in Tokyo for bps and other reptiles which got me excited. I've never owned a pet but has seriously considered one. Snakes were a good candidate since I live in a small apartment in Japan and I wouldn't have to worry about loud noises and the up keep seems reasonable. Watched a lot of YouTube especially snakebytes TV with brian that dude is oozing with passion. I became fascinated with the morphs and how cool they looked. Also creeped around this website for info regarding husbandry, feed, possible problems etc.

The day of the show came and I told myself that I wouldn't get one but man as soon as I saw them I just couldn't resist and I was excited to see what morph Id end up with. My girlfriend told me to not just look at the price but to look for one I really wanted since I'll be with it for awhile. After checking out lots of different stalls we ended up deciding on one. It's a pewter and we named it Cole aka "ko-chan". It's my first pet and her first snake.

I learned a lot from this website and gave me the knowledge to better provide for my new pet. I've had Cole for a week and in that one week he's had a complete shed and yesterday ate f/t which made me very happy as I was worried about both those things.

So thanks alot to the people in this website. And I'll continue to creep around here to learn more about these wonderful animals.

Thanks again

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dtotheot For This Useful Post:

dr del (10-11-2016),EL-Ziggy (10-11-2016)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Feel free to post up some photos.

Thanks

Re: New owner just wanna share my story and say thanks to the community on this websi

Sorry I'm also a noob at using msg boards
    Last edited by Dtotheot; 10-11-2016 at 07:00 AM.