Quote Originally Posted by spazhime View Post
Yeah these guys can get very big, and being arboreal they have larger than average teeth as well! I am incredibly lucky and this female is docile, and I plan on keeping her that way I asked specifically what her temperament was just to be sure. This girl has not done anything defensive other than musk a little bit, even right out of the box.
The slow strike was just a surprise to me, as I am used to species who hit fast and hard when hungry. Considering the negative connotations with scrub pythons I was expecting a flighty bitey baby that would need taming down. But she is very calm, even when taking food it seems
That's great to hear. I've experienced much the same with my new retic, however I have seen him move extremely fast and I'm not fully convinced he's tamed down. He does hit hard and fast for a little guy, and I'm hoping with the right setup he'll be semi arboreal. One of the BIG attractions to scrubs is the semi arboreal behaviors they posses. I think the best display snakes show both arboreal and terrestrial characteristics. I never know what I'm going to see with my boa constrictor or carpet python. They split their time between perching and hunting and chilling out on the cage floor. Although they often chill out up in my man made canopy off of the floor.

Scrubs will certainly fit into that category and I have no doubt a male retic, kept lean and mean will be equally as entertaining.

But because I have a retic and not a scrub, I'll be forever curious as to what the scrubs are like.

You have something special there IMO.