Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,373

2 members and 3,371 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Question Shipping ball python questions?

I'm looking into shipping ball pythons way in advance, and I can't seem to find fixed info on this. Noob questions.

For ball pythons ranging from hatchlings to 1000g, what size cloth bags, shipping box, and insulation foam thickness do you use? Any other things I should get besides these? At what bp size do you bump up all the shipping box/cloth size?

I'm looking at tsksupply right now. Is that the best site to get this stuff? Is there a better/cheaper one?

Is it more worthwhile to just get the "reptile shipping kits" on the site if I'm just going to ship something like 1~4 ball pythons in the future?

Also, does everyone use shipyourreptiles.com as the best way to ship? How quickly can I be certified to ship through here?

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Shipping ball python questions?

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    I'm looking into shipping ball pythons way in advance, and I can't seem to find fixed info on this. Noob questions.

For ball pythons ranging from hatchlings to 1000g, what size cloth bags, shipping box, and insulation foam thickness do you use? Any other things I should get besides these? At what bp size do you bump up all the shipping box/cloth size?

I'm looking at tsksupply right now. Is that the best site to get this stuff? Is there a better/cheaper one?

Is it more worthwhile to just get the "reptile shipping kits" on the site if I'm just going to ship something like 1~4 ball pythons in the future?

Also, does everyone use shipyourreptiles.com as the best way to ship? How quickly can I be certified to ship through here?
    For hatchlings and juvies up to about 900 grams I use 12x9x6 boxes with 3/4 inch insulation which is pretty much an industry standard now.

Larger animals 1000 grams and up or more than 3 hatchlings I use 16x12x8 Boxes with 3/4 inch insulation

For bags, hatchlings to juvies I use 8x12, bigger animals 16 x 22

For shipping supply your options are https://www.shipyourreptiles.com/products - http://www.tsksupply.com/ - http://www.superiorshippingsupplies.com/ - http://www.reptilesexpress.com/ (which I use since they are local to me and I just pickup what I need avoiding shipping charges)
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (10-03-2016),the_rotten1 (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    I've only ever shipped a snake once so I don't have a lot of experience, but I had a good experience with shipyourreptiles.com. They don't charge as much for their supplies as tsksupply, they have discounts codes to save on shipping, and their service is good. The snake arrived at her destination safe and sound.
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to the_rotten1 For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    Thanks for the info guys, that clears things up!