Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,889

0 members and 1,889 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
    Thanks

Worried about my snake.

So tonight just a while ago actually I went to go handle my snake and I noticed she was defecating, I waited for her to finished then I cleaned the cage. After I got her out however I notice that there was a very small pinkish bubble sticking out of her tale, now I've seen pictures of prolapsed rectums and it didn't quite look like the ones I'd seen. It was very small, about half the size of a tic tac. It looked like a little sack of fluid. I was able to gently massage it back inside and my Girl didn't seem to be in any pain whatsoever. But I'm still rather concerned. She is quite young, just over 2 months she is the first snake I've ever owned so you can imagine why I'm concerned. I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of what this was and if so what could have caused it and how do I prevent it from happening in the future.

Here is a photo of her

http://imgur.com/qshyqEo

Thanks, Quinn

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Quin26071 For This Useful Post:

Kenneth Varela (10-04-2016)

Thanks

Re: Worried about my snake.

Update: right after typing this I witnessed her regurgitate an almost completely digested mouse that she ate about 3 days ago. Now I'm really worried.

Thanks
    If it is a prolapsed rectum hopefully the community can help. I don't know much on how to treat one. It could a PR or tumor of some kind. For the regurg it's not the end of the world for the bp but that's not good. Now i'm not attacking you but maybe the temps or conditions are off, maybe its in a high traffic area of the house or maybe you or others are handling it to much. I guess some info and pics of the rectum issue and your set up could help me and others more. And last thing to mention you might have to go to a reptile vet.
    Last edited by EDR; 10-03-2016 at 08:25 AM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks
    The poo bubble I have no idea about.... But there's definitely something wrong with the regurge. If the mouse was almost completely digested I don't think its a temperature or husbandry issue, because it was already digesting fine for 3 days.... unless your heat source just recently, like 12 hours ago, stopped working, I don't see why she would regurge. Especially if handling didn't trigger it.

Has her behavior changed recently? And where do you get your feeders from, if I may ask? Parasites might be a possibility here.

Id begin looking into exotic vets in your area either way, just in case.

Thanks
    Time for a vet visit.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfchan For This Useful Post:

Ashley96 (10-03-2016),voodoolamb (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Any update?

Thanks

Re: Worried about my snake.

Are you sure the mouse was small enough for your snake to digest? Rule of thumb is no bigger than the thickest part of the snake. That could explain all of that and be a pretty simple fix... Are you offering enough water, also? Temperature and humidity? All of this could factor in.
    I wish you luck