I have a Mx. Black Kingsnake. He's about 3.5 ft long. Good appetite, shedding etc.

Periodically I have observed an odd behavior that I have not observed in my boa or pythons.

Sometimes he's slowly moving around his home (not an issue), and his whole body will contract a bit. I don't mean recoil. But literally just contract. It's not the head shaking that has been reported in corns and kings (people speculate that's a visual compensation issue).

For lack of a better description, it's like he's having a mini-seizure sorta or shivering like a human sorta. He's not flailing around mind you. His head stays in place and he keeps moving along.

I don't know the frequency as I'm at work of course during the day. But when I have observed these body jolts/shaking, it seems to last only a few seconds, then it passes, and maybe another episode occurs for a few seconds and it's over.

During the process everything seems normal though, he keeps looking around, seems normal, even remains mobile at times when I have observed this.

I'm at a loss on this one.

ANY idea or people who have observed this would be much appreciated.

He's a beautiful animal and if there's something I can do as his owner, I would like to know ASAP.