Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,278

3 members and 3,275 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Was this a fair trade???

Hi guys! I'm really new here and I'm new to keeping ball pythons. But I had a 3-4ft female spinner and $70 that I traded for a super pastel citrus yellow belly ball python hatchling . Gosh that's a mouthful but anyways when I received my snake it didn't look at all like the snake I had seen. The guy assured me he was in shed and would brighten once he was out. But when I took him to a breeder they told me it was a totally different snake. I contacted the man that had sold me the snake and he said it was actually a different snake from the same clutch but that they were basically the same. I don't think this was a fair trade... What do you guys think? Should I ask for money back? Thanks so much for your time guys!
    The first top pic is the snake I was suppose to get the bottom pic is the actual snake I got. I don't think the snake I have is a super pastel either...

Thanks
    Yeah you got a regular pastel from what I can see. Not seeing the yellow belly in it either.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seven-Thirty For This Useful Post:

Vithaxton (09-15-2016),wolfy-hound (09-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 995 Posts
    They are not 'basically' the same at all. Demand your money back the one he sent you is way too thin as well.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piedlover79 For This Useful Post:

PokeyTheNinja (09-19-2016),Vithaxton (09-15-2016)

Thanks
    Unfortunately though you're probably out of luck. This guy is clearly a scammer. If he doesn't make things right be sure to place him on the Board of Inquiry on FaunaClassifieds

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piedlover79 For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (09-15-2016),Vithaxton (09-28-2016)

Thanks

Re: Was this a fair trade???

Thank you guys so much for your replies! I'll definitely take immediate action!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes. As a community we don't take kindly to scammers and bad breeder.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piedlover79 For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (09-15-2016),STjepkes (09-15-2016)

Thanks
    This is why you always do your research before purchasing, and especially before sending your animals off somewhere. Even if someone doesn't have a FaunaClassifieds BOI thread vouching for their rep, there should be signs someone is a member of the community - lots of similar FB friends, they are on one of the forums like this, ect. I don't believe the trade you arrange to be fair to begin with. And obviously you didn't even get that out of it. I highly doubt you're gonna get your money or your snake, but you can at least out the guy for the scum he is. Contact him, and take it to the Board of Inquiry.

Sorry this happened to you.
    Last edited by STjepkes; 09-15-2016 at 03:12 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to STjepkes For This Useful Post:

Vithaxton (09-15-2016)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Was this a fair trade???
    I would not have traded a 3 to 4 feet 2 genes female for a Super Pastel YB hatchling myself but that is a personal call.

Now the issue is that that bottom picture is definitely not a Super Pastel YB, it's a Pastel and not a pretty one at that sorry.

Trades are tough unless you trade with reputable people must than again most reputable breeders won't do trades unless it's really high value animal or quality animal for another reputable breeder, they usually don't do trade with the general public.

Your best shot as suggested is to gather all your evidence (screenshot or your communication, phone number, email address, shipping address etc) and take this to the BOI (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13) if the seller is unresponsive however if you traded with Joe Schmoe, usually Joe Schmoe are here one day gone the so you might be out of luck however you should still try.
    Deborah Stewart

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Vithaxton (09-15-2016)

Registered User butterballpython's Avatar
    Thanks
    Definitely still post to the BOI even if he's an unknown. It'll be a warning to other people who look him up before trading. It's too late for this time, but in the future be sure to always check the BOI before trading with someone. If you're in herps for any length of time, it'll save you money and grief.
    1.0 bp butter "Brickle" the friendly explorer
    0.1 bp champagne "Bubbles" the shy one
    0.1 bp normal "Callista" the little one

16. The Following User Says Thank You to butterballpython For This Useful Post:

Vithaxton (09-15-2016)

Thanks

Re: Was this a fair trade???

Well guys... The guy said he would give me a full refund and my snake back! He pleaded ignorance and thought they were the same type of snake because he's just getting started with ball pythons and a breeder told him they were the same -.- . He has been breeding boas for 10 years and is great with them but knows nothing about ball pythons apparently. As for the reason why I traded my Spinner she was a snake that I rescued. She was extremely aggressive and temperamental. I originally saw her being housed with 4 other big ball pythons and even though I didn't know anything about ball pythons back then I could see that she was stressed. So I did my homework and researched the crap out of ball pythons and explained to the owner that you should really house them separately and feed them separately not together. She practically gave me the snake for free and I built a custom enclosure for her and tamed her down to the point where you could actually pick her up and I got her eating again. Not bad for my first ball python. Unfortunately my little brother and boyfriend didn't trust a "temperamental" snake so I decided to trade her for something more tame to an EXPERIENCED snake keeper. This guy did tell me he had been keeping boas for 10 years and they looked happy and healthy. So I figured it would be a good trade. I have definitely learned a lot from this experience and appreciate all the help and comments I got from you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vithaxton For This Useful Post:

Kroberts10 (09-16-2016),STjepkes (09-15-2016)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast