Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,287

1 members and 3,286 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 62 of 106 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    If you order from them, let me know how you like the quality and packing. If i ever break down and get my mini chest freezer, I'll need to stock up on rabbits for Caesar as i think jumbo rats are getting on the small side and i dont feel like feeding him 2 jumbo rats. Last time i weighed Caesar's jumbo rats, they were about 350ish grams. Those are the biggest the pet shop gets other than guinea pigs and the reptile shop about an hour from me has rabbits now again, so hopefully they have ones small enough for Caesar.

And on a side note, Caesar was extra 'loving' last night. He really wanted the petting and sat there on my arm while i pet him. After about 15 mins, i got tired and went to go sit down and he started coming out of the cage to follow me lol. i got up and went back over and started petting him again and he went back to laying down in the cage next to my arm. I swear, i have never seen a snake like Caesar. You think reptiles are these cold blooded things that dont care but i swear Caesar acts like a dog sometimes haha. Couple days ago though, he was cranky about something and wanted nothing to do with me. Gave me stank eye when i lifted his hide to look for a piss and wandered away when i went to give him pettings. He wants stuff his way, not yours lol.
    I’ve been getting this from Wallace finally. I’ve been waiting for some owner recognition and I’m very happy. Retics seen to be quite tuned in🐍🐍👍🏻😎

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-12-2018),Sauzo (05-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I’ve been getting this from Wallace finally. I’ve been waiting for some owner recognition and I’m very happy. Retics seen to be quite tuned in🐍🐍👍🏻😎
    Lol yup. Caesar is usually a petting/attention monster. Sometimes though, he gets in a mood and wants to be left alone lol.

All my snakes got their 'patterns'. Vicky will push at the front of the cage when she poops to let me know. Pat moves to the front perch and will sit there caudal luring to let me know when he wants dinner. Caesar pushes when he drops a deuce and wants it removed. Rosey will pace the front of the cage when she poops. The little boas, i just have to check them as they dont let me know when they do the business lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (05-12-2018),jmcrook (05-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Caught homegirl changing clothes just now.

Of course she would shed 4days before I’m going to leave town for 6days... feed her tomorrow and leave her be and hope for the best? Or make her wait until Wednesday and then hope she’s chill while I’m gone? Either way she’ll end up sitting in a dirty cage for at least a couple days. I think she’ll destroy her face again if I make her wait til Wednesday to eat... ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (05-20-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Caught homegirl changing clothes just now.

Of course she would shed 4days before I’m going to leave town for 6days... feed her tomorrow and leave her be and hope for the best? Or make her wait until Wednesday and then hope she’s chill while I’m gone? Either way she’ll end up sitting in a dirty cage for at least a couple days. I think she’ll destroy her face again if I make her wait til Wednesday to eat... ugh

I'd feed her. I would rather deal with a dirty cage than hamburger face any day.

Also, Phyllis is huge! When Caesar fully stretches out, he the full length of the cage and then a little hangs off each end of the shelf.

Thanks

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

I'd feed her. I would rather deal with a dirty cage than hamburger face any day.

Also, Phyllis is huge! When Caesar fully stretches out, he the full length of the cage and then a little hangs off each end of the shelf.
    My dilemma with feeding her tomorrow is that she probably won’t poop and piss until after I leave, then sit in a filthy cage for 6 days destroying her face. Or I could wait a little bit, feed her in the next few days and maybe have her be calm for maybe half of the time I’m gone? Between a rock and a hard place with that decision... she’s being quiet right now but still has a poop waiting in her from her last feed. Probably let’s that rip tomorrow or maybe Monday if I’m lucky
    And yeah, I wasn’t kidding when I told y’all she got massive lol! Gotta be a solid 9.5-10’ and big around as my forearm.

Last edited by jmcrook; 05-20-2018 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks
    Lol, i thought Caesar was big for a SD cross. Phyllis is like the Godzilla of super dwarves lol. It's almost looking like 8 foot cage time is getting inevitable lol.

And yeah thats a tough call. I would feed the last minute before you leave and pray lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 05-20-2018 at 12:47 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-20-2018)

Thanks

Lol, i thought Caesar was big for a SD cross. Phyllis is like the Godzilla of super dwarves lol. It's almost looking like 8 foot cage time is getting inevitable lol.

And yeah thats a tough call. I would feed the last minute before you leave and pray lol.
    I’ll see how she acts over the next day or so and make the call from there. I might give her two colossal rats when I do feed as well. Honestly she’d be fine in her 6’ cage for life but I want to give her as much space as I can when I can. Between the cage, heat panel, and freight shipping it’ll be close to $1k on a T65 and I’d like to go 2’ tall if possible which would make it even more. Also a modular cage would be a HUGE plus. Just gotta wait until I know if I’m staying in MS for the next year or moving to OR this summer. Cross your fingers that my interview/teaching demo goes well next Friday!

Thanks
    Good luck man and yeah if you can get another T25 and have Ali make some custom sides like i talked about earlier to bolt the 2 cages together and then Lexel the seam, it would be awesome. I am going to ask Ali about it when i call her next month after i talk to Bob about drop shipping a RHP to them for Pat's cage. If they can do a custom 12 foot stand or maybe just put 2 6 foot stands together and lay down a sheet of 1 inch plywood on top, that would probably work great. Plus imagine a double sliding door 12 foot cage. Would be crazy.

I personally am fine with 18 inch height. If i was keeping something like a 16 or 18 foot mainland, i would want 2 foot height but for something like Caesar who i'm hoping tops out under 10 feet, the height is fine.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-20-2018)

Thanks

My thoughts are more along these lines:
    Two T13s (48x30x18) bolted together with a hole through the middle. Basically like Gio’s cage. I don’t want the deal with the center post on two cage fronts together though, four openings to the same cage... this is why I’m being picky about this one. Because when/if I get a bigger cage, it’s gotta be her last cage. I can’t go over 8’ and that’s gotta be modular because 8’ is pretty unwieldy when you’re a 5’4” dude. I just really like the clean appearance of everything being perfectly CNC cut and rounded and such. I’m sure they could make whatever I wanted really, it would just cost $2k and take a year and a half to get to me with my luck lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (05-20-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    My thoughts are more along these lines:
    Two T13s (48x30x18) bolted together with a hole through the middle. Basically like Gio’s cage. I don’t want the deal with the center post on two cage fronts together though, four openings to the same cage... this is why I’m being picky about this one. Because when/if I get a bigger cage, it’s gotta be her last cage. I can’t go over 8’ and that’s gotta be modular because 8’ is pretty unwieldy when you’re a 5’4” dude. I just really like the clean appearance of everything being perfectly CNC cut and rounded and such. I’m sure they could make whatever I wanted really, it would just cost $2k and take a year and a half to get to me with my luck lol

Lol true. It took forever and a day to get your T25.

And yeah, 2 pillars on one cage would be a lot but also, it would give it good support, if we are talking a 12 foot cage lol. The T65 just has one pillar though. When i talked to Ali, she said the 8 footers are probably a 2 person job. The 6 footers she said can probably be one personed. I stacked 3 of my T25s by myself. Wasnt bad except lifting the 3rd one up high enough to clear the second cage haha. It was so awkward having an arm in each side holding the roof of the cage and then try and basically dead lift it almost 4 feet up and then not let it slide across the second cage so i didnt break the connections on the flexwatt.

But me personally, if Caesar outgrows his T25 which i know he wouldnt but like you said, i like to give my snakes room to stretch out if they desire, then I'll just got for a T65 as i too want the nice clean rounded corners and nice finish that AP does. That was the first thing i noticed about AP when i first got my cages. Then i noticed how strong they were. There is no flex or give in them. After that i was sold.

Page 62 of 106 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast