Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,142

2 members and 3,140 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 36 of 106 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    I'm thinking that if I install everything securely it should be fine. Reinz says one of his carpets is 13.5lbs and the sky hide hold up just fine with 4 mounts in the back and 3 on each side. Phyllis is close to 8lbs so I don't think it will be an issue. I may give Gerald a sky hide in Phyllis's T8, even though it's pretty short I feel like he'd make good use of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure he would. To a snake it doesnt seem that the height really matters as long as they feel like they are off the ground. Heck my gals seems happy when perched on top of their hides. It's only like 3" high but to them i guess it feels they are up in the air/ Same with the shelves.

And wow, those things hold a 13.5 lb carpet? Those are pretty strong clips lol. Rosey weighs 13.7 lbs. One of these days I'll weigh Caesar.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Currently setting up the cage. It's assembled and sealed but the shelf totally blocks all light from the led strip... gonna have to mount a longer piece around the perimeter and seal it in place with the lexel sealant... pics in a bit hopefully.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Addiction (08-29-2017),Stearns84 (08-30-2017)

Thanks

Aaaaaaaaand I quit for today because I have to teach for ten hours tomorrow starting at 8am, just spent and hour lexel sealing a strip of LEDs around the perimeter of the cage, only to plug them in and find out that at some point during that installation the light strip got a short in it somewhere... just Goo Gone cleaned all the lexel off, have to order a new strip of lights... oh my god I'm done for the day. Oh and they put my heat panel on the wrong side of the cage that i requested too. I cannot win today

Thanks

Aaaaaaaaand I quit for today because I have to teach for ten hours tomorrow starting at 8am, just spent and hour lexel sealing a strip of LEDs around the perimeter of the cage, only to plug them in and find out that at some point during that installation the light strip got a short in it somewhere... just Goo Gone cleaned all the lexel off, have to order a new strip of lights... oh my god I'm done for the day. Oh and they put my heat panel on the wrong side of the cage that i requested too. I cannot win today

Dang man. Yeah the 10" wide shelf does block a lot of the light. It works for me though as i still can see in there fine.

Try and get the water resistant ones. They are beefier. After having 4 sets of lights burn out on me in one way or another, Ali had the guys in the back put together their experimental water resistant ones to send me as like i told Ali, i think the humidity/condensation is getting up above the LEDs as the recess for them is the highest point in the cage. Then it is turning to liquid drops and dripping on the LED strip and somehow shorting them out after a few months since i keep my boas and retic at around 70-80% humidity.

And you know, now that I look at it, I kind of wish I went with the T65 for Caesar. When he is all stretched out, he is longer than the cage lol. I might be ordering a T65 next summer and using the T25 for Gina when she gets bigger.....
    Last edited by Sauzo; 08-30-2017 at 01:37 AM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Currently setting up the cage. It's assembled and sealed but the shelf totally blocks all light from the led strip... gonna have to mount a longer piece around the perimeter and seal it in place with the lexel sealant... pics in a bit hopefully.

I noticed that as well with the shelf and RHP it blocks the LED output....oh well..live and learn I guess.

About your RHP - I bet if you call Ali she'll ship you a new top PRONTO.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Dang man. Yeah the 10" wide shelf does block a lot of the light. It works for me though as i still can see in there fine.

Try and get the water resistant ones. They are beefier. After having 4 sets of lights burn out on me in one way or another, Ali had the guys in the back put together their experimental water resistant ones to send me as like i told Ali, i think the humidity/condensation is getting up above the LEDs as the recess for them is the highest point in the cage. Then it is turning to liquid drops and dripping on the LED strip and somehow shorting them out after a few months since i keep my boas and retic at around 70-80% humidity.

And you know, now that I look at it, I kind of wish I went with the T65 for Caesar. When he is all stretched out, he is longer than the cage lol. I might be ordering a T65 next summer and using the T25 for Gina when she gets bigger.....
    Yeah, I've got waterproof LEDs. I think they just got bent at some point near the connection pins and frayed a wire internally. They flickered a couple times but couldn't get them to stay on so I peeled it all off and ordered new ones, which won't be here til next week. At which point I'll have to seal them in place and wait for the sealant to cure... might be another couple weeks before I can use this dang cage. So frustrating. I mean I could just roll with the lights I have installed in the ceiling groove but they only really illuminate the shelf and maybe a couple inches at the front of the cage. We'll see what happens. The custom raised door track looks freaking awesome though

Thanks

Yeah, I've got waterproof LEDs. I think they just got bent at some point near the connection pins and frayed a wire internally. They flickered a couple times but couldn't get them to stay on so I peeled it all off and ordered new ones, which won't be here til next week. At which point I'll have to seal them in place and wait for the sealant to cure... might be another couple weeks before I can use this dang cage. So frustrating. I mean I could just roll with the lights I have installed in the ceiling groove but they only really illuminate the shelf and maybe a couple inches at the front of the cage. We'll see what happens. The custom raised door track looks freaking awesome though

Lets see pics of it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Addiction (08-31-2017),Stearns84 (08-30-2017)

Thanks

Got new lights installed and man does it make a huge difference.

Before...

After! So much better.

And the custom raised track! Phyllis can still smash her face against that middle post but no more jamming her face between the door and the litter dam and I don't have to make a door jam to fill that space. I can finally use the left door of Phyllis's cage for the first time in like 9 months! Woohoo! Tons more pics once the sealant cures and I get her set up in there

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Addiction (08-31-2017),BR8080 (08-31-2017),Gio (08-30-2017),Sauzo (08-31-2017),Stearns84 (08-30-2017)

Thanks

Got new lights installed and man does it make a huge difference.

Before...

After! So much better.

And the custom raised track! Phyllis can still smash her face against that middle post but no more jamming her face between the door and the litter dam and I don't have to make a door jam to fill that space. I can finally use the left door of Phyllis's cage for the first time in like 9 months! Woohoo! Tons more pics once the sealant cures and I get her set up in there

Damn that is sexy as hell. I love the skyhide. I'd like to see more photos of it in use! I don't regret getting my T10 for Gene, but that is amazing looking. Can we get some full pictures from a distance? What's your layout plans, going to keep it simple? Where did you put the probe? I put mine on the cold side and have had zero problems.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stearns84 For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-30-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    You kicked some a$$ on that buddy!

Set up and sealed quickly. Mine is still in the boxes and I'll be getting to work on it hopefully Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. The unit weighs 120 pounds and I've got backgrounds, perches, lights and sealer to put in.

Your photo session has me antsy to start up.

It looks great over there and I'm sure your girl will take to the sky hide quickly!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-30-2017)

Page 36 of 106 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast