Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,390

0 members and 3,390 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 24 of 106 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Certainly didn't feel good but in all honesty, not quite as bad as I would have expected. It was mostly how she was pulling back with her head while her teeth were sunk deep into my forearm that caused the most discomfort. You know, how they kind of pull their head in the opposite direction of their coils a lot of the time to latch their teeth in better? That was the part that sucked the most but it was more the initial "oh s***! She's got me!" that made it seem worse in the moment. Once she established that she was hanging on for a min I just kind of accepted it and stayed calm waiting for her to let go. The blood in the pic makes it look way more gnarly than it was. Needless to say I would not be thrilled about this happening when she's 2-3' longer and weighs 2-3x as much.
    Like you said, never be "too comfortable" and even if you are, don't take that for granted. On a long enough timeline everyone gets bit eventually. Par for the course if you're going to be a lifelong snake keeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yasss! Their teeth are amazing really, like fish hooks! Thats what it felt like to me and the more a prey squirms the deeper they sink in. I totally know what you mean - I had that oh s*** moment but turned suddenly calm - my poor boyfriend was terrified hahaha almost happy to have it happened, wasn't as bad as one would think...kinda neat in a way to experience how their extraordinary teeth work.

Glad you're both okay!
    Last edited by Snoopyslim; 02-27-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    Valentine's Keeper

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    That's a pretty good one. Had 3 of the 4 here get me.

I have a bottle of old school Listerene in the snake room.

I'll get tagged again I'm sure.

Sounds like you handled it like a pro!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (02-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Phyllis got her first large 260g rat just now and pounded it like it was nobody's business hah! Maybe we can stretch her feedings to every 10 days? We'll see how long this keeps her content.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (03-04-2017),Sauzo (03-04-2017),Stearns84 (03-04-2017)

Thanks

Phyllis got her first large 260g rat just now and pounded it like it was nobody's business hah! Maybe we can stretch her feedings to every 10 days? We'll see how long this keeps her content.

I really love this picture. With the decor in the enclosure, it's amazing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stearns84 For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Probably. I know since moving Caesar up in size, he is fairly quiet now. I mean he comes out and wanders around but doesn't seem to push much if at all now.

Oh and kind of off topic, I used serp widget again today for Caesar and from what it says, he is 5.1'. And on another note, I talked to Ali today and added another T8 and stand and she said she could wrap it all up and ship it to me late next week!!! I cant wait. Gonna post some pics of the # T10s next to the 3 T8s. Now I just need to add 3 T25s next to that and I'll have my snake monolith!! Sorry to steal the light for a sec.

And retics can eat like no one's business haha although little Rango is putting up a good fight. That little 30" boa worm can pound food too haha. He's like a mini Caesar and always perks up when I come by thinking its dinner time haha.

And yeah, nice set up. Too complex for me. My snakes get hides and water bowl. That's it lol. I'm such a bad dad
    Last edited by Sauzo; 03-04-2017 at 12:19 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-04-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Probably. I know since moving Caesar up in size, he is fairly quiet now. I mean he comes out and wanders around but doesn't seem to push much if at all now.

Oh and kind of off topic, I used serp widget again today for Caesar and from what it says, he is 5.1'. And on another note, I talked to Ali today and added another T8 and stand and she said she could wrap it all up and ship it to me late next week!!! I cant wait. Gonna post some pics of the # T10s next to the 3 T8s. Now I just need to add 3 T25s next to that and I'll have my snake monolith!! Sorry to steal the light for a sec.

And retics can eat like no one's business haha although little Rango is putting up a good fight. That little 30" boa worm can pound food too haha. He's like a mini Caesar and always perks up when I come by thinking its dinner time haha.

And yeah, nice set up. Too complex for me. My snakes get hides and water bowl. That's it lol. I'm such a bad dad
    Yeah her next cage is going to be a bit more minimal. She's got a hide, branch, and bowl currently. Looks nice but can be a pain trying to get her out of the enclosure when needed if she's under or behind the branch. Going to go with the t25 eventually with a shelf and LEDs and locking doors.

Thanks

Yeah her next cage is going to be a bit more minimal. She's got a hide, branch, and bowl currently. Looks nice but can be a pain trying to get her out of the enclosure when needed if she's under or behind the branch. Going to go with the t25 eventually with a shelf and LEDs and locking doors.

Yeah same here but I also opt with the flexwatt as I keep my house pretty warm. I got an RHP in my Pro-Line right now and dang its a pain lol. To get a 88F hot spot, I have to keep the cool side around 84F. Pretty much no temp gradient for me since my house is too warm. But yeah, paying a little extra to just have a plug and play cage is worth it to me especially when you are already paying over $700, who cares about the extra $20 lol.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-04-2017),Stearns84 (03-04-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Yeah same here but I also opt with the flexwatt as I keep my house pretty warm. I got an RHP in my Pro-Line right now and dang its a pain lol. To get a 88F hot spot, I have to keep the cool side around 84F. Pretty much no temp gradient for me since my house is too warm. But yeah, paying a little extra to just have a plug and play cage is worth it to me especially when you are already paying over $700, who cares about the extra $20 lol.
    Yeah in the summer I don't have the greatest temp gradients but they're not unacceptable. Like 90-82. If the temp was n the room goes under 68-70 though my cool side temps don't go over 73-74. The room basically has to be around the 72-75 range for the RHP to do the trick. A tad annoying because I told bob at pro products that my room temps ranged anywhere from mid-upper 60s to mid upper 70s and recommended the 65 watt panel. Can't really complain because it's still better by leaps and bounds over any bulb source heating option and doesn't kill the humidity

Thanks

Yeah in the summer I don't have the greatest temp gradients but they're not unacceptable. Like 90-82. If the temp was n the room goes under 68-70 though my cool side temps don't go over 73-74. The room basically has to be around the 72-75 range for the RHP to do the trick. A tad annoying because I told bob at pro products that my room temps ranged anywhere from mid-upper 60s to mid upper 70s and recommended the 65 watt panel. Can't really complain because it's still better by leaps and bounds over any bulb source heating option and doesn't kill the humidity

Yeah I'm using the Ph3 which is the 65 watt Pro Products also. And yeah, if the room is kept cooler, RHPs are awesome but if you keep the room warmer, RHPs don't really do the trick well.

Thanks

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

My issue was that it got the hotspot heated well but didn't get the cool side up to the upper 70s-80* if the room got cooler than 70. I know he suggests to set the thermostat probe on the cool side and set to 80 but I just feel like the hot spot would be getting scorched to get it in that range.

Last edited by jmcrook; 03-04-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Page 24 of 106 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast