Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,410

2 members and 3,408 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Easy Cleaning Routines

So I breed VERY small; I have 9 does and 6 bucks at the moment and I'll actually cull the rats down once I get a couple more gene pairings done. I have a double critter nation, two 40Bs, and a ten gallon that suit my purposes. The one thing that drives me crazy is cleaning day; I feel like it's super easy to get those stupid shavings everywhere. It's really hard to turn over and dump aquariums but I'm not sure such a small breeding group is worth the time and cash investment of building a rack.

What is an easy cleaning routine? Should I invest in a wide-mouth large trash can with yard bags to dump litter? Kitchen bags seem impossible and I don't have a yard for compost. Should I suck it up and build a rack and return the aquariums to fish service? It feels overwhelming right now to clean everything at once but also overwhelming to clean one unit each day. Probably because the setup sucks.

Thanks
    Go the rack route. Even if it's a bit large for your needs, it's going to be so much easier to clean.

Thanks
    I second the rack, although I do think it would still be a good idea to get a large garbage can with yard bags as it does help regardless.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    You can also use a dustpan to scoop up the shavings and dump into a large trash bin or even just a cardboard box to throw out.

I use the dustpan to scoop or scrape bedding from the rack bins, tanks, you name it. It's practically purpose-made for getting into corners.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

Greensleeves001 (08-11-2016)