Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,430

2 members and 3,428 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: I may buy a yellow

Actually Schlyne, they cancelled the ordinance that banned large constrictors in my county, so I'm only subjected to the state-wide law which is 15'.

Rusty, I thought I'd just have a big old water dish and clean it out every couple of days, do they constantly foul it up?

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

How can you guys talk about purchasing these massive animals so casually? You guys make it sound like you are getting goldfish. It just blows me away that you guys are able to take care of such huge animals. I love retics, condas, and burms, but I am not willing to convert half my house to a snake cage. Do you guys live in palaces or something? Not to mention the amount of money it takes to feed these monsters.

Thanks

i dont live in a palace but when i get my pair im gunna build them 8ft long by like 4ft wide cage hopefully that will be as big as i gotta go.... but who knows i love the look of yellows... plus i live in maine and there a buyers/seller book that comes out every thursday called "uncle henrys" and people are always sellin rabbits so food isnt a problem.. but who knows

Thanks

How hard is the care of the yellow anaconda anyways? I could see myself getting one of those, but not the other huge ones.

Thanks

Smellati.. chill. A HUGE yellow would max out at 15'. We're talking usually an 8-10' cage with a male not needing so much. I'm willing to make that room, and no I don't live in a palace either.

Rabbits don't cost a fortune either. I mean, they're rodents afterall. I'm going to end up raising my own anyway, and the numbers are something like 60 cents a pound to raise a rabbit (I've talked to meat rabbit producers). That isn't going to break the bank.

April

Thanks

What about burms and retics? There is such a great demand for them, and they seem common. Of course not as common as bp's and RTB's, but still pretty common. There are even people caring for more than one of these beasts, which is just amazing! How do these people live? I imagine people living in remote areas with many acres of land, or some poor guy in a small apartment who, he himself, lives in a cage and has given the rest of his space to the snake. I just find it crazy that they are bought so casually. It's like me buying an elephant like it's no big deal. But mostly I'm freakin jealous! I wanna anaconda! I wanna burm!!! And I wanna retic!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I would have to turn my life upside down to house just one of them.

Thanks

Well, there ARE plenty of people who really shouldn't own them. Often, some guy buys the little snake not realising what it is, then they have to try really hard to get rid of it when it gets to be 10' long.

Those who have many of them will use the stacking cages. You can stack 3-4 cages high. Some people use their basement, others have a separate building for their snakes if they breed them professionally.

April

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12