Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,544

3 members and 2,541 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
    Thanks

Unexpected Surprise

So I thought i just had 2 BPs but apparently i have a pair. These are just pets and i didnt have any thoughts of breeding them. I've never even seen them attempting to copulate. Well i checked on them after a weekend away and was surprised with a clutch of eggs. See pic here

So now what do i do? Mamma has been incubating them. I removed her to get a good look at the eggs and to see if she would eat. The eggs may be about 1 week old at this point. I've added a humidifier to try to increase the humidity. Not sure its enough though. Don't really know what they should feel like but i think they are too dry. I was going to try to let mamma handle the process since i don't have an incubator. Do the eggs even look right? I'm a bit concerned about the discolorations. Temps i got off them were 81-85 range. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Matt

Thanks

Re: Unexpected Surprise

First, ball pythons should not be housed together, it stresses them out, and things like this can happen. Second the discoloration is either bad eggs, or they are getting wet, maybe from the humidifier. You need to have alot of knowledge and ability to care for those eggs if you want the mother to do it, it'll take a lot of work being able to keep the cage with the perfect humidity. Much easier to get an incubator and proportional thermostat. Can grab a basic chicken egg incubator add a place like fleet farm or something similar. Take a look at the maternal incubation thread on here and the incubator set up and see how you wanna do things.

Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
    0.2 normal, 1.0 Butter, 1.1 Fire, 1.0 Pastel, 0.1 Spider, .1 Pastel Het Clown

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    You are not prepared in any way for these eggs.
    Separate your snakes and either let the female try to maternally incubate them of throw them out.
    The yellow one on top looks to be dead already.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

GoingPostal (07-15-2016)