Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,379

4 members and 3,375 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Pastel x Phantom Pin ( Plus dual Sire Butter)

So.. We bred our female Pastel(Arwen) with 2 different males; a Phantom Pin(Bofur) and a Butter(Bombur). The majority of locks recorded were with Bofur, but there were plenty with Bombur. She laid 8 eggs, and they've all hatched out now. It looked like the father is Bofur, but then there are a couple anomalies.. It looks like one or two could be fathered by Bombur. We Are having a tough time figuring out what some are, especially with the phantom gene.. Please Help us figure out what morphs they are!

This is the whole clutch. I'd like to know if we have any phantoms, be it pastel phantom or just phantoms. Thanks!!
    I'll post individual pictures and lable them, if I can.

These are the normal looking ones, and the baby that is from the different father Bombur (butter)

Baby 1
    It looks like a pastel, it has very high pinks and oranges! Let me know what you think.

Baby 2
    Also a high pink and orange pastel, Let me know what you think!

Baby 3
    This one has me thrown through a loop, because its so different from the previous two. It has pretty much no orange, and all yellow. Plus it looks like its missing pattern. Let me know what you think!

Baby 4
    Normal or phantom? I've seen other pictures of phantoms, and I just can't tell the difference.. We have three normal looking babies, but one looks different than the others. So let me know what you think!
    Baby 5
    This is the one that looks different from the others. To me this one looks like a normal normal, the other two look like something more. Of course, I could be wrong, so tell me what you think!
    Baby 6
    The other normal looking one. Tell me what you think!

Baby 7
    This is the baby that doesn't match the rest of them, the one with Bombur (Butter) as the father. Butter or pastel butter? Tell me what you think!

Baby 8

Lemon Blast! Is there a way to tell if it's a Lemon Blast Phantom? Please let me know!

Thanks in advance for taking your time to help me out with this, I know its a long post.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    After they shed it may be easier to guess. If it was my clutch, I would suspect them to be: (using your top picture)
    top left - phantom
    top middle - pastel
    top right - pastel phantom
    middle left - normal
    middle - lemon blast
    middle right - pastel
    bottom middle - lesser phantom
    bottom right - pastel lesser

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kibbleswhites For This Useful Post:

bustyndecka (07-10-2016)

Thanks

Re: Pastel x Phantom Pin ( Plus dual Sire Butter)

Thanks so much for helping us out! We were suspecting a similar thing, but we weren't sure!