Hi everyone,
I thought I would share some pictures from a great adventure our family just went on.
As many of you may remember we did an intake on a few turtles over the last fall/winter months that were in need of medical attention.
One was a medium American Snapping Turtle that was shot with a pellet gun. We were able to remove the pellets and he rehabbed with us over the winter months. We also took in two wc painted turtles from the woman whom passed away, and the last painted was an intake from a man who wild caught the poor thing four years ago and did not educate himself one bit. He was under the false impression that the painted was a box turtle and let the poor thing walk around his apartment all that time and fed it only iceburg lettuce. Amazingly the turtle stayed alive and after coming into Rusty Reptiles she thrived through good medical attnetion and husbandry. We were also able to release her.
Here are a few shots from our adventure:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rustys...r=81ef&.src=ph
I wanted to add for folks to please keep in mind that if you have a wild caught turtle in your home and would like to release it the animal needs to first have blood work and fecal tests run to ensure the animals safety and the safety of the inhabitants of the environment you plan to do the release.
I hope you like them,
Enjoy!
Rusty