Hello everyone I hope this can provide most people a good start in tracking their snakes health and information. I'll try and make it as simple as possible to reproduce my set up, but I know it can be a bit tricky understanding the operations and functions that spreadsheets require, so if you have any questions feel free to pm me or post it on this thread. I made this for snakes but it can be adjusted for most other reptiles/pets with some work.

First things first, when you see "[insert name/id]" it means to put the name of your reptile (or its ID) instead of that part. For example if your reptile is named Pete you would put Pete in the place of [insert name/id].

Now that is out of the way lets begin!

First thing you will need to do is sign up or log into your gmail account.

This will allow you create the files needed under your own account.

Making copies of the spreadsheet and form you will use:

LINKS:
Spreadsheet

Form

1. Click the link for the spreadsheet go to File and click make a Copy (name it whatever you would like).

2. Do the same thing with the form link click Make a copy (again Name it whatever you would like - I use "Snake Tracking - [insert name/id]")

Good! Now go to the Form you just created (if you go to http://docs.google.com you should be able to find it)

Linking the form responses to the spreadsheet:

1. Double click the form you just made the copy of and it should bring up the form which looks like this:

2. Click the responses tab

3. Now choose the Select Response Destination option then choose Select existing spreadsheet; it should bring up a screen showing all your sheets in your docs. Choose the copy of the spreadsheet linked above that you made a copy of.

Finish setting up the spreadsheet

1. Double click the spreadsheet you made the copy of, it should look something like this:

2. Double click the "Form Responses #" and rename it to your reptile's name or id. \

3. Double click on all the other sheets at the bottom and replace [id] with what you named the form responses sheet in the previous step.

4. Go to the FeedTable[id] sheet and under Report Editor click Edit range...

5. Enter the following [insert name/id]!A:L (Replace [insert name/id] with the name you used in step 2)

6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 with WTable[id], ShedTable[id], and BroomTable[id] sheets.

Set up QR Code

1. Double click your form on the main docs screen and click the Send button

2. Click the paperclip button in the center and click the shorten URL option. Copy the resulting link

3. Go to http://www.qrstuff.com/ , Paste the copied link under the Website URL field

4. Download the QR code by the link and save and name it so that you know what code goes with that form.

5. Print the QR code to post on your rack/tub/enclosure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you have the first one done you can make copies of your form and link them to the same spreadsheet using the Linking Forms to the Responses steps. You should use the same spreadsheet for each of the forms and just duplicate the FeedTable[id], WTable[id], ShedTable[id], and BroomTable[id] sheets and connect them to the new form response sheets you create following the Finish Setting up the Spreadsheet steps.

Again thanks reading through and be sure that if you have any problems or questions to ask! Good luck and good herping!