Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,360

4 members and 3,356 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Super Champagne Question

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    This is some interesting stuff. I was totally unaware of it. If I had to bet I would have said the this group of genes were allelic however I did not think there was a way to prove it. I didn't realize blackhead was involved in the mentioned grouping. This changes my though process a little.
    Yeah it's a really weird combination of genes in that it virtually negates both genes in a sense. There are distinct markers that distinguish a normal to a black head spider now that people know more about the combo, but it's still really weird that it even happens. A bumble bee black head doesn't look like a regular pastel though so there's that.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    So, by what I am reading, not only is it a visual muting of the genes, the blackhead spider does not wobble. But when the black head spider produces a spider without black head the wobble is back. Time to get a black head and play. I have a killer bee female that needs a friend.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Seven-Thirty (07-01-2016)

Thanks

Champagne is a weird gene. I know sable mixed with the others generally create fatal births. I have two sable champagnes and they're perfectly healthy. No wobbles at all. So who knows I wish we'd of got more information about the Pearl but it doesn't seem worth the risk as the babies could die if you hit a super champagne.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naraku View Post
    Champagne is a weird gene. I know sable mixed with the others generally create fatal births. I have two sable champagnes and they're perfectly healthy. No wobbles at all. So who knows I wish we'd of got more information about the Pearl but it doesn't seem worth the risk as the babies could die if you hit a super champagne.
    What about the champagne killerbee made in 2015. Can we get an update on it? Or does anyone know how it's doing?

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...ne-killer-bee/

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bpsinked View Post
    What about the champagne killerbee made in 2015. Can we get an update on it? Or does anyone know how it's doing?

Best way to get an update is to contact the breeder directly Reptile-concept.fr
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bpsinked View Post

I'd highly advise against this breeding for the same reasons as was mentioned above. Even spotnose (which has a viable super form) when combined with spider produces unfavourable results. http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...ider-spotnose/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kxr View Post
    I'd highly advise against this breeding for the same reasons as was mentioned above. Even spotnose (which has a viable super form) when combined with spider produces unfavourable results. http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...ider-spotnose/

I've heard conflicting reports on this one coupled with my own research on the spotnose spdier combo. According to Ben Renick, the spider spotnoses aren't any different from regular spiders in terms of loopiness. Also Ben Renick's spider combos don't look as wacked out as the leopard spotnose spider combos. I've also seen something called the nitro ball which is a bumble bee spotnose which looks closer to the leopard spider spotnoses justin has made. What I think happened in those cases are some sort of incubation or developmental issue. Or there could be somethinh weird who knows. I do know for a fact the powerball spider fails to thrive so we can rule out them being allelic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seven-Thirty View Post
    I've heard conflicting reports on this one coupled with my own research on the spotnose spdier combo. According to Ben Renick, the spider spotnoses aren't any different from regular spiders in terms of loopiness. Also Ben Renick's spider combos don't look as wacked out as the leopard spotnose spider combos. I've also seen something called the nitro ball which is a bumble bee spotnose which looks closer to the leopard spider spotnoses justin has made. What I think happened in those cases are some sort of incubation or developmental issue. Or there could be somethinh weird who knows. I do know for a fact the powerball spider fails to thrive so we can rule out them being allelic.
    Maybe it's just me being overly cautious but even before reading that I was kinda opposed to mixing neuro morphs. What Justin said confirmed my suspicions... Regardless of if that information is accurate I'd avoid breeding neuro morphs together. Something about it doesn't sit right with me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kxr For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (04-24-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12