Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,327

3 members and 3,324 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

My signif's BP Moses

fun story and pics I thought I would share about my significant other's pet ball python.

This is Moses

You see, when I was talking to the previous owner of my two girls he offered this cute little pastel male with them. To be honest I wasn't impressed. He wasn't what I was looking for as far as my projects go and i didnt find him to be an impressive example in his own right. So I was going to pass, but then the guy offered me a MUCH better deal on the two I did want if I took all 3. So I did. I mentioned to my boyfriend that I was planning on rehoming the male as I didn't really want him. Then my honey boo uttered 3 shocking words:

"I want him"

I was shocked to say the least. You see my bf is absolutely terrified of snakes. He hates them. He was one of those jerks that went out of their way to swerve and hit snakes on the side of the road (that behavior stopped after I threatened to drop heavy objects on his tender bits everytime he dosed off, and ya know explained how important snakes are to the ecosystem). So after checking to be sure i wasnt talking to someone who took some polyjuice potion, I said "ok".

So now my boyfriend has a pet snake. That i feed, clean up after, and take care of because he is too scared to do so himself. It's cute, he texts me all the time asking what his snake is doing "He's sleeping in his oil pan", if he is hungry "he ate 3 days ago he'll be fine until the weekend" and the like. When the snake was in shed and went off food he was worry wort. He swings by the reptile section everytime he buys dog food to find something cool for his snake.

He is getting loads better about them too. He asks to hold the snake, as long as I am the one picking him up first and control the head. He is amazed by how strong they are. It's a bit funny sometimes something spooks them and they BOTH flich. But I'm proud of him over coming his fear.

Since Moses became "his" snake, my BF has told me that he was driving and saw a black snake crossing the road. He stopped, turned on his flashes and waited till it got across.

I guess that's worth me cleaning an extra tub
    Last edited by voodoolamb; 06-26-2016 at 09:54 PM.
    My Collection:
    0.2 Normal Het Pied - 0.1 Lesser - 1.0 Pastel Het Pied -1.0 Mojave Het Lavender Albino 1.0 Low White Pied

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voodoolamb For This Useful Post:

Eavlynn (06-27-2016),Soord (06-27-2016)

Thanks

Re: My signif's BP Moses

What a sweet story! Moses is beautiful and I love that he has become a snake ambassador of sorts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EmilyandArlo For This Useful Post:

Soord (06-27-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    BP's are such great introduction and educational snakes. their calm demeanor, size and patterns are great qualities to calm fears. awesome story, glad your BF is coming around. also Moses has really cool eyes.

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Soord (06-27-2016)

Thanks

Re: My signif's BP Moses

Agree on the eyes! Awesome story! Glad you are bringing him into the light XD

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Soord; 06-27-2016 at 02:32 PM.
    1.0 Butter Ghost
    0.1 Butter Pin

0.1 Nic BCI

0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa

Thanks
    Yes. I love that first pic because those green eyes are stunning!!!

I'm tickled pink that the signif is changing his attitude about snakes. Today he watched a video of me feeding his snake. He jumped at the strike, but he says he wants to watch in person next time.

I much prefer him to be cautiously curious about the snakes then thinking they all should be dead, that's for sure.

Moses is fairly active for a ball. I am considering moving him to a display style tank instead. I think my bf will like watching him with a nice piece of glass between them lol.

He is even excited about going to repticon next month. So that will be interesting.
    My Collection:
    0.2 Normal Het Pied - 0.1 Lesser - 1.0 Pastel Het Pied -1.0 Mojave Het Lavender Albino 1.0 Low White Pied