Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,318

0 members and 3,318 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: half an eye cap

Thanks

half an eye cap

ok so moe shed and i carefully inspected him, it was 2 pieces however i noticed that half of his eye still has a cap, the front half of his right eye is still on, should i soak him and try to take it off now, or should i wait till next shed and hope it comes off. Also could someone with some experience tell me how to take eye capes off.

Thanks

Re: half an eye cap

I dont know how comfortable you are handling your snake, but you can let water drip on your snake's head from the sink and VERY GENTLY graze the surface of the eye with your finger. VERY GENTLY. If that doesn't loosen it up, I'd set up a humid hide in his tank and see if it comes off then.

Are you sure its really a retained eyecap? Never in my experience have I seen an eyecap break in two pieces, retained or not. Make you that you are sure thats what it is.

Because your snake didnt have a good shed, it probably means your humidity is not up to where it needs to be. So, if you don't change anything in the cage, its just going to get drier and the eyecap is going to get harder and harder to get off. I'd go with the humid hide idea first.
    -Brad