Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,228

1 members and 3,227 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: New Addition!

Thanks

New Addition!

So I traded my boa for this beautiful boy. The lady said he was a normal, but I think either a VERY pretty normal or possibly a pastel or something else? Not sure, he looks somewhat dehydrated and thin, although the lady claimed he was just a "picky eater"..And had her other one in the same terrarium with this one.. sigh, oh well. I guess this is another rescue and shall fatten up soon > Not too fast of course.

ANYWAYS, Here he is folks, the one, the.. not so only, New addition!
    EDIT: You can click on the picture to view it bigger.
    And he also has yellow on the bottom of the tip of his tail

Also, if you have any ideas how old he is and if he's just a very pretty norm or pastel or whatever else, lemme know please!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nitewolfie; 06-15-2016 at 05:48 PM.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Looks like a normal from what I can see. Please get some food into it. Good thing you took him. I don't think I would have given that person the other animal in trade though. She obviously does not know what she is doing.

Thanks

Re: New Addition!

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Looks like a normal from what I can see. Please get some food into it. Good thing you took him. I don't think I would have given that person the other animal in trade though. She obviously does not know what she is doing.
    I really think so as well and am very tempted to text her and tell her that she doesn't know what she's doing and to give me the one she traded and probably the other one she has too, but that'd be unfair.. Oh, and don't worry on the food! I'm going to have a liter of pups any time now(she was due two days ago but so far nothin..), and about to acquire plenty of mice of several sizes tomorrow

Edit: At least right now I want him settled in at least for a day anyways before I feed him, several people said it's not good to feed them for a few days when you first get a new snake...Although I haven't really gone by this rule since most of my snakes are rescues and needed food asap.
    Last edited by Nitewolfie; 06-15-2016 at 06:06 PM.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitewolfie View Post
    At least right now I want him settled in at least for a day anyways before I feed him, several people said it's not good to feed them for a few days when you first get a new snake...Although I haven't really gone by this rule since most of my snakes are rescues and needed food asap.
    It tends not to be recommended on this board however when I bring a new animal in I attempt to feed it as soon as it hits the tub. It works about 50% of the time. If they do not eat I let them chill for a week before I try again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    It tends not to be recommended on this board however when I bring a new animal in I attempt to feed it as soon as it hits the tub. It works about 50% of the time. If they do not eat I let them chill for a week before I try again.
    That's a good rule.. Mind if I use it? Anyways, I can't feed him today, but i'm pretty sure i'll be able to tomorrow.