Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,420

5 members and 3,415 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Visiting America- Any good places to visit?

Next year, me and my family are going to see the 2017 eclipse in Wyoming. We are still trying to plan everything out, but we have some things on our itinerary: Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Meteor Crater etc.

After going to Iceland a few months ago with my school, I was looking up on cool places to visit in Iceland, and found LOADS of 'Hidden Gems' all across the country. So is there anything like this in Wyoming, and the surrounding states?

Regarding the 2017 Eclipse, if you haven't heard of it already- Its going to be a total solar eclipse pretty much all across the center of America. Here is a map of where it is going to be. http://www.mcglaun.com/eclipse/2017/maps/whole-us.jpg
    The blue line is the totality line, and anywhere on the dark band is where you would have the best chance of seeing it.

Im already looking forward to going. XD
    Snakes:
    ~Ball Pythons: 1.0 Spider (Corkii) --- 1.0 Mojave (Meeko) --- 1.0 Bumblebelly (Pringle) --- 0.1 Normal (Fraggles) --- 0.1 Lesser Enchi (Khaleesi) --- 1.0 Pied (Piper)
    ~Cornsnakes: 0.1 Tessera.het Amel Motley (Twiglet) --- 1.0 Amel (Wotsit)
    ~Hognose: 0.0.1 Normal.66%hetAlbino (Waffle)
    ~Boa: 0.1 Normal (Medusa)
    ~Spotted Python 0.1 (Unnamed)
    ~Bredlis Python 0.1 (Unnamed)
    ~Burmese Python: 0.1 Granite (Skittles)
    Lizards:
    ~Crested Geckos: 1.0 Buckskin Dalmatian (Rex) --- 0.1 Orange Dalmatian (Apollo) --- 1.1 Harlequin (Cosmos / Nova) --- 1.0 Extreme Harlequin (Dino) --- 1.1 Halloween Partial Pin (Pumpkin/Unnamed) --- 1.0 Red and Cream partial pin (unnamed)
    ~Leopard Gecko: 1.0 Hypo (Dave)
    ~Bearded Dragon: 0.1 Red Leatherback.hetTrans
    ~Ackie Monitor: 0.0.1 (Unnamed)
    ~Jewled Lecarta 1.0 (Wizard)
    Others:
    Tortoise, Dog, Tarantulas, Parrot

Thanks
    The US is a huge country, lol. Very different from visiting Europe where basically everything is pretty close. Did you want to stay in one area? What's your travel range? The Grand Canyon isn't very close to Wyoming (700 miles or so. A full day's drive). I've always wanted to go to the Redwood National Forest in northern CA, but that's even farther from Yellowstone than the Grand Canyon is! So it pretty much all depends on your travel range.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowy For This Useful Post:

O'Mathghamhna (06-11-2016)

Thanks

Re: Visiting America- Any good places to visit?

I know it's cheesy but since you're in the area already a quick 3 hour drive from the Grand Canyon is Vegas. Depends if you like that sort of thing but it is cool to actually see in person.
    1.0 pewter bee
    1.0 banana het pied
    0.1 pied
    1.1 mahogany
    0.1 golden retriever

5. The Following User Says Thank You to usaf21stsf For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (06-12-2016)

Thanks
    Oh, yeah, you can use Atlas Obscura to find some crazy places to visit .

http://www.atlasobscura.com

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It depends on how you are flying in. If you are flying in to new york, from heathro then flying out the same way, maybe you can stop in NYC for a few days, see the sites, like the statue of liberty, and ellis island. Also you could take in a show, but order tickets 6 mos ahead so you can get good seats. If you fly in through Los Angeles then there are a lot of great places to go on a short layover. I'm going to bet you are flying in through NY, then changing to fly to whyoming. America is a really big country, with a lots to see. Hope this gave you some ideas.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Re: Visiting America- Any good places to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by blue roses View Post
    It depends on how you are flying in. If you are flying in to new york, from heathro then flying out the same way, maybe you can stop in NYC for a few days, see the sites, like the statue of liberty, and ellis island. Also you could take in a show, but order tickets 6 mos ahead so you can get good seats. If you fly in through Los Angeles then there are a lot of great places to go on a short layover. I'm going to bet you are flying in through NY, then changing to fly to whyoming. America is a really big country, with a lots to see. Hope this gave you some ideas.
    This is a good idea. I would try to fly in through one city, such as NY, and out through another like DC, and spend a few days in each.

Thanks
    Gotta go to Disney Land and Vegas

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stickyalvinroll For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (06-12-2016)

Thanks
    There is plenty to do in the surrounding area that you are visiting. To the east of WYoming is south Dakota with mount Rushmore and the black hills. To the south is my home state Colorado with so much to see, so I will just list off some stuff of the top of my head and you have to look them up. Rocky Mountain national park, great sand dunes national park, strawberry hot springs, Glenwood springs hot springs, independence pass, aspen, steamboat springs, telluride, cave of the winds, mesa Verde, fairy caves, maroon bells, royal gorge, and garden on the gods. I live in Denver now, which is a great city with friendly people. My home growing up was Carbondale, Colorado which is a beautiful area and there are some great old mining towns outside of town called marble and Redstone. Utah also has some great places to visit like arches national park, zion national park and lake Powell. Most of these states have great hiking trails if you look them up, it is just not my thing. Also you can find some native American petroglyphs if you do some searching.

Registered User butterballpython's Avatar
    Thanks
    The Grand Canyon is definitely one you don't want to miss. I've been there numerous times, although not lately, and to Meteor Crater as well. (Both are in easy driving distance, LOL.) Meteor Crater is a huge hole in the ground, and they'll try to sell you overpriced geodes. It you're into astronomy, you'll probably enjoy it.
    1.0 bp butter "Brickle" the friendly explorer
    0.1 bp champagne "Bubbles" the shy one
    0.1 bp normal "Callista" the little one

Thanks
    Note: Mount Rushmore is boring (ever seen a picture of it? Yup, that's what it looks like in real life too) and Custer State Park is basically a large bison ranch . But the Black Hills are pretty and the Badlands are kinda cool.

Colorado and Utah are probably a better direction to head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast