Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,131

1 members and 3,130 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

I shocked the soccer moms

A few days ago, I was at my friend's pet store with my man. We had decided to probe her big 8' BCI to see if it was in fact female. (she is.)
    Well, there were a few soccer mom types in there, shopping around with their cute widdle kiddies, and they were absolutely shocked when I lifted Penelope out of her tank like it was nothing. They were not overly scared, but you should have seen their faces!

Then, my friend's friend was there; this is a tough chick who handles horses daily (has a few tough studs that would make even me run under the bed and hide!) She was absolutely dead-set against touching this big snake, but we finally got her to tap it with one of her fingers. She was still eyeballing it with a mixture of fear and revulsion after wards, and completely baffled that I was not scared to pick it up. I guess that when she was younger, her siblings terrorized her by putting small garter snakes in her bed, so she is still scared. Hopefully this event made her a little less paranoid about them.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Re: I shocked the soccer moms

Yeah, I know the look. I get it every day from people when I hold the snake at work.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Re: I shocked the soccer moms

It's great when you can help an adult over a fear like that. Kids are so much more open to all sorts of animal experiences. I have a relative who has the worst fear of snakes I've ever seen. He can't even look at a snake on TV or a rubber snake toy. I wouldn't even think to talk to him about us owning snakes let alone have one in view if he visited and this is a grown man, a truck driver and someone I've seen handle (and rehabilitate) a badly abused, half wild german shepherd dog that scared the crapola out of most everyone else.

~~Joanna~~
    ~~Joanna~~