Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,246

2 members and 3,244 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 995 Posts
    Sheepskin or felt on the inside for easy cleaning would work.

Even just getting tanned fur wet takes a lot of maintenance to make it look fluffy again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to piedlover79 For This Useful Post:

MysticMoon001 (06-02-2016)

Thanks

Re: Need help with decision.

I'm not a big fan of bunny fur - the skin itself is thin and fragile, and the ones I've gotten seem to shed a lot. If you want to line the quiver or just the top edge, I second the suggestion of felt or shearling.

My leatherworking:
    http://otternecessities.com/gallery/

Sent using software and hardware
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

Thanks
    If you want it quiet enough to hunt with you will want foam insertso to prevent any movement at all and keep your broadheads from cutting through the quiver itself. If you are just using it for fun shooting, noise should not matter, use it the way you like it.
    Check out Archery talk. In the traditional section you will find lots of ideas and get great feedback on stuff like this.
    1.0 Albino Black Pastel Pinstripe BP "Menolo"
    0.1 Albino Spider BP "Ginger"
    0.1 Black Pastel Het. Albino "Jasmine"

1.0 Woma python "Stitch"
    0.1 Woma python "Milo"
    0.1 Woma python "Millie"

1.0 Blackhead Python
    0.1 Blackhead Python
    0.1 Blackhead Python

1.0 Black South African Boerboel "Midas"
    0.1 Chocolate Lab "Coco"

Thanks

Okay so I slept on it last night and I've decided to actually leave the fur out. Looks nice but I need something functional. I'll have to think about what I'll do with that bunny skin though.

I may just make another back quiver for costuming or LARPs. I need more practice in leatherworking and an archer can never have too many quivers. Lol

Anyway, this side quiver will be bunny-less and is beautiful without. Especially since it is my first one. I have ordered sheep shearling and may just line the quiver if I need it quiet. What's the point of making a 'stealth' quiver if it isn't 'stealth-y' right? Lol While I do want to hunt with this particular quiver it might not work out as this is my first build and i'll have to see what works out. I may just go back to a back quiver.

@Prognathodon: Nice stuff!!! I love seeing other leatherworks! It makes me want to work hard at the craft and get more advanced in my work. I moved away from leather masks for this reason.

@enginee837 I was just thinking about going to join Archery talk. Lol

Thank you everyone for your input! I really appreciate it! It helped make my decision easier and to look at the piece in a different light. I will be taking a few more pictures of the quiver in better light with a better background than my orangish apartment wall. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk
    0.0.1 Amel Cornsnake (Solis)
    1.0 Sterling Ball Python (Alduin Jörmungandr)
    1.0 Fiance

Thanks
    You could always make a small pouch with the fur to keep stuff in, like thread wax, replacement pieces, coins, anti-venpm/poision cure, a blow dart, etc. (I mean these in the LARP sense. Unless you happen to be going into the deep heart of Africa anytime soon )

It could also be functional, too, like coins, makeup, hair ties, thread wax, replacement tips/nocks if youre gonna be firing, etc. It would look pretty cute, even if you only had enough fur for the closing flap.
    1.0 Ball Python - Belial - Orange Dream. (Birthday: February, 2016 , Homeday June 11, 2016)
    0.1 Axolotl - Emmy - Albino, love to chase wiggling fingers! (Birthday: January 2016, Homeday: May 15, 2016)
    1.0 Cat - Cedric - Black ragamuffin, the most perfect cat ever - loves to cuddle. (Birthday: May 26, 2014, Homeday: September 13, 2014)
    0.2 Ferrets - Salt and Pepper - Light Silver Point, Sable Point, sisters of the same litter. (Birthday: February 2013 , Homeday: April 26, 2013)
    *Ferrets are under my mothers care, as her girlfriend got too attached*

Thanks

The fur would be nice as a pouch. I'll have to see. I am currently drawing up plans for a leather belt pouch so we'll see how this goes. Maybe I should use it for a checkbook cover? Naw. Lol

Who knows, I might be going into the heart of Africa next summer. I overheard a mission trip that my church might go on next year with another church in our area.

1.0 Fiance

Thanks
    Ha-ha, wait ACTUALLY going to Africa?! I must be psychic I bet it'll be a way different area than i'm imagining, though, hehe.

That would be the fanciest cheque. Look, ever. Id be jealous.

How about glove/boot cuffs? Or maybe if you get more a really bad-ass patchwork cape/cloak (blanket? )
    1.0 Ball Python - Belial - Orange Dream. (Birthday: February, 2016 , Homeday June 11, 2016)
    0.1 Axolotl - Emmy - Albino, love to chase wiggling fingers! (Birthday: January 2016, Homeday: May 15, 2016)
    1.0 Cat - Cedric - Black ragamuffin, the most perfect cat ever - loves to cuddle. (Birthday: May 26, 2014, Homeday: September 13, 2014)
    0.2 Ferrets - Salt and Pepper - Light Silver Point, Sable Point, sisters of the same litter. (Birthday: February 2013 , Homeday: April 26, 2013)
    *Ferrets are under my mothers care, as her girlfriend got too attached*

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Moosefriend For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (06-03-2016)

Thanks

Eh since I am currently thinking of leather costuming I might get some more for a small mantle. 😈 Possibly something Skyrim-y. The quiver build had upped my confidence to possibly progress to leather armor smithing. (Level up! Press the O button to access your skill tree.) Lol

Ultimate goal: possibly craft leather daedric armor. Will need to upgrade my resin skills...

Yeah might get a bit more fur for a costume.

1.0 Fiance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12