Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,337

3 members and 3,334 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Soon to be new guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post
    You can still give them to her, as long as they didnt fall into some liquid or other poisonous chemical.. Surely dusting them off wnt hurt. Kinda like the 2 second rule. I wouldnt discontinue the treatment of her issue. It is more than just a stinky thing..their mouths hurt when they are infected. Much like ours. And not treating it can lead to other health issues. I realise you have to wait for her surgery.. But I certainly wouldnt discontinue meds if it wasnt neccessary.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    It was liquid medication!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Fraido, glad to see you on the mend. It was sad about the snake / cat encounter also but good thing that you were there to intervene. As far as the rats in the freezer, I think it would help to consider purchasing a compact freezer for all the snake food and anything rat or mouse. That would probably alleviate some of your mother's anxiety. Compact freezers are reasonably priced on amazon, maybe even shop craigslist for a second hand one.Try to be more understanding of your mom's fears and concerns bc she is older and could use your support rather than your resistance. We only get one biological mom. Best of luck. Remember you get more cooperation with a smile than with confrontation.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

Fraido (08-02-2016)

Thanks

wow big anaconda nyi blorong in the java street

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jasonandreaspeters For This Useful Post:

Fraido (08-02-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    Fraido, glad to see you on the mend. It was sad about the snake / cat encounter also but good thing that you were there to intervene. As far as the rats in the freezer, I think it would help to consider purchasing a compact freezer for all the snake food and anything rat or mouse. That would probably alleviate some of your mother's anxiety. Compact freezers are reasonably priced on amazon, maybe even shop craigslist for a second hand one.Try to be more understanding of your mom's fears and concerns bc she is older and could use your support rather than your resistance. We only get one biological mom. Best of luck. Remember you get more cooperation with a smile than with confrontation.
    She actually doesn't care about the feeder rats being in there, yes she says it's gross, but her issue was with my boyfriend's pet rat that's in there waiting to be cremated. For some reason she thought it was poisoning her, by contaminating everything in the entire fridge somehow. Finally she realized it had nothing to do with it being in there. She would never go for another appliance being plugged in, she complains about the hydro bill, I don't blame her though. I have a mini fridge that could very well house my feeder rats, but she doesn't want it plugged in.

It's just difficult to deal with someone who is always rude to you, doesn't support the things you love, and constantly complains like you're the worst, most useless thing on the planet. I try to understand, but she makes it difficult. She has the "I'm always right" mentality, and it's just so frustrating, I can understand that yes she's been around for some time and theoretically knows a lot more about a lot of things than I do, but she is far from a master of everything and it doesn't matter what the topic is, somehow she obviously knows more about and what she says about it is what's right.

The thing about thay last sentence you say is, there is no cooperation from her, very rarely. If I ask for something, she refuses to hear me out on it, she refuses to hear my thoughts, because mine don't matter. I understand that it is her place, but shouldn't things I really want, the things I love, the things that keep my happy, shouldn't they at least be given some thought?

It's just hard with her, it always has been, some people say we're too much alike. I don't know. Things should improve eventually.

Thanks
    2 questions
    1: regarding you and your mom, how old are the two of you? And listen, no judgment about how old a person living with there mother should be; everyone's situation is different, just trying to get a feel for the generational gap, bc sometimes it can make a huge difference in how two people perceive the same situation.

2: boyfriend's rat in the freezer waiting for cremation??? Huh???
    i mean, ok, he liked the thing, I'll accept that, but cremating a rat requires what, some lighter fluid and a coffee can?
    1.0 Central American BI: Irwin
    0.1 Jungle, het snow BI: Gimel
    1.0 green albino, het granite Burm: Dr. Waffles
    1.0 Betta fish: Convertible
    1.1 cats: Tipitina (Tipi) and Professor Longhair (Fess)
    0.1 Egyptian baladi dog: Toasty

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dkatz4 For This Useful Post:

Fraido (08-02-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dkatz4 View Post
    2 questions
    1: regarding you and your mom, how old are the two of you? And listen, no judgment about how old a person living with there mother should be; everyone's situation is different, just trying to get a feel for the generational gap, bc sometimes it can make a huge difference in how two people perceive the same situation.

2: boyfriend's rat in the freezer waiting for cremation??? Huh???
    i mean, ok, he liked the thing, I'll accept that, but cremating a rat requires what, some lighter fluid and a coffee can?
    18, I believe she's 35.

That rat was his baby, and he caused its death unintentionally. Our rats are loving pets in our life, not a source of food for our snakes.(: He wants to get his heart rat cremated, and I sort of want to do the same with my own when the time comes. He's getting him cremated and having the ashes put into a little necklace.
    Last edited by Fraido; 08-02-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks

It could partially be a generation gap thing. Maybe its time to look for other housing for yourself, etc. Sometimes it just doesnt work living w our parents after we become young adults. You have your opinions, she has hers. And not trying to sound mean or anything, thats not my intention in anyway.. But it is her house. She isnt required to accomodate you or your interests at this point, you are a young adult. Know what I mean?

I speak from the point of view of a parent of young 20 somethings. Our son was living in our home after he turned 18, he became a little too big for his britches and was disrespectful, wouldnt work, wanted us to foot his cigarette bill and expected us to accommodate all his wishes because he still viewed himself as our "kid" so we owed it to him. He just couldnt grasp that he is a young adult and now responsible for himself. Eventually he was booted out of our home. He is now on his own and has learned a new appreciation for us, his parents. Now that he does have to take care of himself. He takes less for granted now. And appreciates the freedom he has living in his own domain, not ours. Our home, our rules.. His home..his rules.

*Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanne For This Useful Post:

Fraido (08-02-2016)

Thanks

The other thing to consider.. Even at 35, she could be experiencing menopause.. Menopause can cause one to smell things more accutely..or think they smell things. My mom went thru this years ago.

*Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanne For This Useful Post:

Fraido (08-02-2016)

Thanks

It could partially be a generation gap thing. Maybe its time to look for other housing for yourself, etc. Sometimes it just doesnt work living w our parents after we become young adults. You have your opinions, she has hers. And not trying to sound mean or anything, thats not my intention in anyway.. But it is her house. She isnt required to accomodate you or your interests at this point, you are a young adult. Know what I mean?

I speak from the point of view of a parent of young 20 somethings. Our son was living in our home after he turned 18, he became a little too big for his britches and was disrespectful, wouldnt work, wanted us to foot his cigarette bill and expected us to accommodate all his wishes because he still viewed himself as our "kid" so we owed it to him. He just couldnt grasp that he is a young adult and now responsible for himself. Eventually he was booted out of our home. He is now on his own and has learned a new appreciation for us, his parents. Now that he does have to take care of himself. He takes less for granted now. And appreciates the freedom he has living in his own domain, not ours. Our home, our rules.. His home..his rules.

I literally just moved in with her, haha. Just finished highschool at the end of the June, I lived with my grandparents in a small town for my highschool years, I chose to move in with her so I could be back in the city where I would be able to walk to a job since I don't drive. Right now I'm taking a break from the stresses of school and work, and I can't even begin to explain how much happier I am because of that. Anxiety runs through my mom's side of the family, my mom deals with it, and I really see it in myself. I'm taking this time to relax, look after myself, and psych myself up for getting a real job in a few months. Not to mention think about what I want to go to school for and how.

We may not get along all the time, but I do follow her rules and I do try to respect her opinions on things. I don't have an issue with her rules, I have an issue with her attitude towards me. I just don't think it's wrong of me to want the respect someone expects from me returned?

Thanks

The other thing to consider.. Even at 35, she could be experiencing menopause.. Menopause can cause one to smell things more accutely..or think they smell things. My mom went thru this years ago.

I suppose that is a possibility, who knows. She is sort of having health issues right now, regarding her nose and a couple other issues. I don't doubt that she is experiencing issues like it might have seen in my previous posts, but I just doubt it has anything to do with the neighbours. But she is trying to figure out what's going on, getting it all dealt with at the doctors and hopefully they'll find a way to help her.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast