So, I recently picked up two baby bearded dragons. I fed crickets for about a week and got turned on to Dubias and have been feeding them the past week or so. They're just easier, not to mention better feeders for the dragons. So... the thought of breeding them has crept up on me... I have everything I need, except the roaches... so... a couple of questions for anyone who may currently or has breeded them....

1. Is breeding my own overkill for two bearded dragons?

2. How many should I start with? I saw West Coast has a breeder kit (small) with two adult pairs and a hundred or two of mixed sizes. I've heard you shouldn't feed from your colony for a while to let it build, which makes sense. So I'm okay just letting it go for a month or two or three... no big deal.

3. I've seen some youtube videos... what I don't want, is to end up with 8000 adult roaches or ones that are too big for my dragons to eat. I know my dragons will grow quickly, and be able to eat larger roaches as the colony grows... so maybe this isn't an issue. Is it possible to "control" the population if it starts to get too large? Can you just separate males/female adults to do this?