Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,305

1 members and 3,304 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Thread: rocks

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

rocks

Our blue Costal Rosy boa's enclosure is due for an upgrade. Amazon is sending an Exo-Terra 36"L X 18"W X18"H. (I wanted the 24"high, but avail. isn't for one to three months.) Been at a loss as to how to fill up the space in an attractive way. Also, she is active, and likes to climb. We are going naturalistic with this rather than bio-active, because the rosy needs it dry. there maybe a few succulent lithops (living stones), and a jade, but the substrate will be something I can change out. However, I did want a nice ledge-like background that she can explore, and some matching faux rocks on the bottom. (Personally, I feel heavy real rocks are not a good idea for a small snake, and a glass enclosure.)

I am crafty, but just don't want to deal with carving a foam background, grouting it, painting it etc. Lost of good videos on this, but I know my efforts would end up looking poor on this project. I was beginning to dread the whole thing.

Was watching KGTropicals (fish channel - although I keep goldfish, not African ciclids), and was again, admiring the backgrounds the guy there uses. This channel also advertises for those backgrounds, but I just never made the connection that fish tank decor might work in a dry viv.

Universal Rocks. Started by a guy from Australia, now in Texas. I have no connection with them nor the fish channel, but they do make rocks and backgrounds for vivs. Oh My! Beautiful stuff...looks like all my problems there are solved. I'll update when I have a nice arrangement put together. Am posting, because this could be a good resource for others. (If it hadn't been for fish, I wouldn't have known about them.)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to distaff For This Useful Post:

dkatz4 (05-24-2016)