Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,289

2 members and 3,287 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Shiva's New Set-up

I decided to change Shiva's set-up to hopefully make it a little better. She's in a 10 gallon now, with 2 UTHs, and a heat lamp that I only turn on if the ambient temp in the house is low enough to affect the ambient temp in the tank, or if I need to raise humidity, or just for a light if I need to see something in there. I've got 2 thermostats, 3 thermometers, and a hygrometer. These thermostats are so much better than the old ones. I'm using the last of the substrates I bought for the tarantula for now, so it's a mixture of jungle mix, and coco fiber. I like it a lot better than the aspen. It looks a lot nicer, and the humidity is holding at right around 70% all the time now. That's without misting. I do have a fairly big corner water dish, and a few clumps of moss that I can most if need be, so I should never need to mist the substrate, and I have two slightly dampened wash cloths over part of the top, with foil over those. If the humidity starts dropping, I can turn on the light over those. I have foil around 3 sides of the tank to help hold in heat. Once the temps got up to 90, 80, and 80, I moved her in. It was fun watching her explore everything. She has more plants, and a nice climbing branch that I found outside, and baked and boiled for her. Her hides are just a tiny bit bigger than her old ones, but they're a good size for her, and not so big that she won't feel safe. It just looks so much better to me, and I like she will be happier now. Not that she was unhappy. She has eaten for me three times now, and she even struck her last f/t mouse! I was very happy to see her feeling comfortable enough to do that. It was pretty sweet. I think I have a pretty good handle on things at this point, and I've been handling her a little almost every day now. She seems pretty comfortable with being handled, and she likes to explore, crawling in and out of my shirt, and climbing through my hair. Sometimes she likes to just chill in my hands and watch everything around her. I'm starting to learn her personality, and her moods. I think I am doing a good job of caring for her, and providing everything she needs, but if anyone here has any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Here's a pic of what the inside looks like. I think it looks pretty cozy.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArvadaLanee For This Useful Post:

AerialArtist (05-12-2016),distaff (05-12-2016),Nitewolfie (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Looks like you've got a spoiled little BP there. Nice work
    1.0 Normal
    0.1 Clown
    1.0 Hypo Hog Island/Colombian boa
    0.1 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet
    0.1 Butter Spinner
    0.1 Super Sunglow boa
    0.1 Axanthic carpet
    1.0 Pastel Banana Clown

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AerialArtist For This Useful Post:

ArvadaLanee (05-12-2016)