Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,483

1 members and 3,482 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Cool Nice to meet y'all!

Oh man i didn't think there was an "Introduce Yourself" section in the forum >.<' sorry if i didn't it before but in the italian forum there is no "Introdusce Yourself" option, sorry again. My name is Kaali, i am romanian but i have been living in Italy for +25 years because i am adopted, my roots and soul are and will be always romanian though. I am a final year undergraduate student in Chemistry, even if my real passion is Medicine that i am going to attend after Chemistry. My main reason for joining this forum is because first i love snakes and all reptiles and i wanted to know more and better about them since i am going to get a male royal python (i like "ball python" too but i am used to "royal" adjective) and second i want to improve my english knowledge (english is not my first language so please excuse any mistakes or typing errors because sometimes i type fast, my mind is faster than my hands XD). I love this forum because is full of cool and useful infos about reptiles and because i can sense a friendly atmosphere with enthusiastic people always ready to help you with suggests and advices unlike the italian snake forum i visit (the people are nice but i feel a more cold atmosphere, even though i use it for infos about where to buy all accessories for snake caresheet).

I always loved animals and reptiles in particular among vertebrates, my first encounter with a snake was with an asp viper. I was 5 years old and i was excited because one of my childhood wish was to see a real snake, after watching them on documentaries. The viper was on the left side of my house under a pile of tiles and stuff, it was coiled and calm, i went up to it very slowly and i saw it, i immediately recognised it as viper due to broad and triangular head and vertical pupils. It flipped its tongue calmly and after this magic moment i got up and walked away. Sadly i was never able to see a live grass snake (Natix natrix), people kill them because they mistake them for vipers -_- i got really mad and frustated when i found my neighbours killed a grass snake. Snakes and lizards are my favourite reptiles not only for scientific studies and passion but also for religious reasons, since i practise tibetan buddhism where nagas (mythological creatuers half-men and half-snake) play an important role in practise and nagas are strongly related to snakes even from an energetic point of view, of course according tibetan buddhism and shamanism.

Finally after a year and half i managed to persuade my mother to keep a python, all subliminal messages worked (just kidding). I look forward to taking care of my future scaly friend. Sorry for this loooong introduction but i am very happy to stay here and read your threads, see you later!
    Last edited by mlededee; 03-28-2022 at 08:47 PM. Reason: User request
    : Ssssssssssssssilence!

Collection:

0.1 False tarantula (Hogna radiata) R.I.P.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    welcome Kaali! u have come to the right place for all things BP's and reptiles. we have breeders, hobbyists, field herpers and pet owners here. all are welcome.

good luck with your studies and we can't wait to see what BP u get. don't forget to post pix.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Re: Nice to meet y'all!

I will get a wild type royal python, i love this phenotype. Thank you for welcome

Collection:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Welcome and best wishes Kaali!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Welcome Kaali and congratulations on your incoming pet! =) Thanks for sharing your story. I think you mean you want to get a 'normal' royal python not wild (they can carry nasty parasites). I have a normal and she is beautiful, unique and so friendly so I think you're making an awesome choice.
    Valentine's Keeper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopyslim View Post
    Welcome Kaali and congratulations on your incoming pet! =) Thanks for sharing your story. I think you mean you want to get a 'normal' royal python not wild (they can carry nasty parasites). I have a normal and she is beautiful, unique and so friendly so I think you're making an awesome choice.
    Yes i meant normal type you would see in wild (i only support captive born individuals with both parents known and the mating that is planned and observed), normal type morph despite its "normal" appearance has a lot of unique traits among individuals, for example i saw pythons with many blotches, other with large dorsal blotches, some with darker brown etc i can distinguish and remeber every snake. I admit besides normal type i love piebald morph, it hypnotise me but having a snake with normal pattern relaxes me much, i don't know why but i feel relaxed when i watch normal royal python.

Collection:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaali For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (04-25-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

That's exactly how I feel! I love pied...only morph I like but a normal represents the true identity of a royal. They are SO beautiful and unique. Our girl Valentine has a heart marking on her tail, hence the name. =)
    Valentine's Keeper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopyslim View Post
    Our girl Valentine has a heart marking on her tail, hence the name. =)
    Awww that's cuuute *_* i will get a male and i will call him Naga, which means "snake" in Sanskrit and nagas and snakes are strongly related. Fun fact about nagas: even though they are related to snakes, they are not carnivorous, they hate meat, eggs (except milk, but i think it is a cultural reference to indian cult of cow) but they love sweets^^
    Last edited by Kaali; 04-25-2016 at 03:06 PM. Reason: i typed too fast

Collection:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaali For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (04-25-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Wow that's interesting - sounds like a great name and well though out =) Please post pictures once you acquire Naga!
    Valentine's Keeper

Thanks

Of course!

Collection:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast