Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,303

1 members and 3,302 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Orange dream or super pastel? Expert advice please

So, I purchased a snake a little under a year ago as an enchi, orange dream, pastel, yellowbelly from someone who I consider a reputable breeder who has been around for a long time now. It was at an expo and what I'm thinking is it may have somehow been mislabeled because I don't think he would have purposely misled me (if he did). Unfortunately there are few to no pictures of any animals with these genetics for me to compare to however I've been looking at a lot of different morphs recently and I came across a super pastel, enchi, yellowbelly that looks really similar to how he looks. The main reason I've been thinking this is his crazy blushing. From what I've seen in other OD crosses the blushing is nowhere near as intense. So here's my question, is he a pastel OD or a super pastel?

I think I'd be happy either way I'd just really like some other people's opinions so I can stop overthinking this haha

Thanks
    More than a super pastel for sure

Thanks

Re: Orange dream or super pastel? Expert advice please

Quote Originally Posted by stickyalvinroll View Post
    More than a super pastel for sure
    Do you think it could be a super pastel enchi yellowbelly? I can definitely see the enchi and yellowbelly in him it's just the colour and blushing that worries me a little.

Idk, maybe when enchi, orange dream, pastel & yellowbelly are combined they cause crazy blushing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

If it is a reputable breeder you bought it from, I wouldn't expect there to be less genes than advertised. However, there could be more and they just weren't certain themselves. Perhaps it is Enchi, Orange Dream, Yellowbelly, and Super Pastel instead of Pastel. That would account for the blushing. What was the pairing that produced it? Knowing what could be possible may help determine what actually is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    If it is a reputable breeder you bought it from, I wouldn't expect there to be less genes than advertised. However, there could be more and they just weren't certain themselves. Perhaps it is Enchi, Orange Dream, Yellowbelly, and Super Pastel instead of Pastel. That would account for the blushing. What was the pairing that produced it? Knowing what could be possible may help determine what actually is.
    Unfortunately I don't recall. He did tell me but I was stupid and didn't write it down or anything. Oh well, I guess the best way to find out for sure what genes he has in him is to breed him and wait to see the offspring. Either way I'm excited for the babies when he does finally breed.